SIRSIG reporting for duty !

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
I don't have anything against the flat black look, I actually like it.

But personally I think its dumb as hell to take a nice car and put a ghetto paint job on it. IMO its just another example of what starts as a cheap DIY solution for a beater you're building becoming some dumb new JDM trend. Your car isn't covered in rust or flaking paint.

What happens if you want to sell the car? Or say you never sell it, but 2 years from now you've gotten bored with it. Then you're either going to end up with a **** paint job from Maaco or spending a few grand just to put it back like it was. Plus that would kill resale if you did sell it. You could forget about ever trying to part-out the car and sell it stock. And even if you tried to sell it with the mods on, you'd have to find someone who years from now still would want to drop their hard earned cash on a nice car that looks like it was lit on fire.

I think it looks good... but you're not talking about doing it to a salvage title accord you got for like $2000 with a busted *** paint job. Doing it to a nice car is really foolish imo

Last edited:

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
yea....flat black is kind of a fad....i like fads...but i would not do something as permanent....your car is bad *** tho man :thumbsup:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
do it in chalkboard green...then you could draw on it :lolrun:

like that one civic...forgot which company owned it...hotwheels?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
do like this

Honda-Civic--265680.jpg

i would soooo do this...or glow in the dark...

SIRSIG

Reaction score
but, it look so damn nice on exotics...

LamborghiniMuseum64.jpg

655899d.jpg

and even with Silvia...

DSC01763.jpg

i guess flat black really look nice on some cars...

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
I think it looks good, I just think its shortsighted to do it to a car with a nice paint job.

HomerJay

Reaction score
I first saw your car when it won ROTM at CarDomain.com...WOW!!...just WOW!!...:)

You've done quite a nice job with a clear eye on performance.

BTW, after seeing your car, I just had to track down a full set of aluminum pedals (with footrest). Granted, I still have my Honda engine so I didn't have any reason to use Acura pedals...;)

Nice job!...:beer:

Back