Small update.. :thumbup:

turbo_911

Reaction score
Well those wheels were 4 lug and extemely heavy for 17s. I went with a 5 lug conversion for better brakes and better wheel options.

Haha

Oh I didn't notice that you did 5 lug conversion, I thought you had 5 lugs lol.

Also with what brakes and rotors did you go? Did you notice a lot of difference?

swollen_cu

Reaction score
turbo_911 said:
Oh I didn't notice that you did 5 lug conversion, I thought you had 5 lugs lol.

Also with what brakes and rotors did you go? Did you notice a lot of difference?

Haha yeah I'm 5 lug now.

The brakes are definately ALOT better IMO. Stronger and more responsive. I used the oem rotors that came with the knuckle assembly. I resurfaced them and got some Wagner ceramic pads.

Once these ware down, I'm probably going to get either aome power slot slotted rotors or some brembo balnks with hawk pads.

turbo_911

Reaction score
Oh nice nice. Just to let you know, I found Akkebono pads to be better than Hawk and produce a lot less dust (I have white rims)

Also right now I have centric OEM rotors and so far they are awesome and you can't beat a price for $25 a rotor.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
turbo_911 said:
Oh nice nice. Just to let you know, I found Akkebono pads to be better than Hawk and produce a lot less dust (I have white rims)

Also right now I have centric OEM rotors and so far they are awesome and you can't beat a price for $25 a rotor.

Cool thanks for the heads up!

An thanks Erick!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I also think white could look good, but I know I wouldn't want to try to keep em clean.

They look great, no doubt about it. But I have to say I like the wheels on your car in your sig just a little more.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
RedRyder said:
I also think white could look good, but I know I wouldn't want to try to keep em clean.

They look great, no doubt about it. But I have to say I like the wheels on your car in your sig just a little more.

I'm going for an oem-ish clean look now. No more flush for me.

But I may get some 15mm spacers all around to space it out a bit.

Back