Snowboarding

turboputz

Reaction score
I have been riding for over 13 years now sometimes as many as 35 times a season. For me nothing suits my all-mountain, go fast, go-big style more than Salomon. They are rock solid at high speeds. I currently ride a Salomon Regulate 165. I would like to have a 159 or so with a little bit deeper faster sidecut radius that would be easier to spin.

I'm not really a freestlye guy though, mostly freeriding. Last year I went to Jackson Hole Wyoming for a week. This year I'll be going to Chamonix, French Alps for a week in March, and one hopefully two trips to Vermont before that. My home mountain is Mount Snow, VT.

I need to get new boots and bindings this year. I've used clickers for the last 6 years or so. The best thing aobut them is the speed and I never had any foot cramps. I am looking for the most responsive comfortable set-up I a can have. I'll probably get the top of the line burton boots and drake or whatever bindings look good. In the past the burton bindings were too heavy, now they make the CF ones but charge too damn much.

IMO Burton does not make the best boards. I had a Johan Custom 162 and it was a fun board that weighed nothing, but it was too soft and flexed out in a littel more than a season. My favorites boards are Salomon, Forum, and Ride, and I have always wanted to try Nitro.

Last edited:

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
i've heard great things about arbor and lib tech, the latter i've wanted for years, but due to texas living it was never in my budget.

i've heard jackson hole is great, my closest mountains are silver, brundage and tamarack in idaho. but i'm going to Whistler/Blackcomb this year during christmas break

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
I'm 6'-2"-ish

Flow bindings are the shizzzzzzzzzzzz.....it basically allows you strap in on the lift. It helps relieve the pressure on the knees when your riding he lift up. Also when you get off the lift you ready for the run in like 2 seconds....

yeah i've seen the set ups, i would put them on my sims board but its so old school that i wanted to keep with the sims set-up. but i may sell my bindings (they're a size too large for me) and buy the flow bindings

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i usually rent the equipment... go snowboarding like twice in one season.. i can do the back pretty well, but i fall once i try to do the toe-side :redface2:

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
haha, yeah i gotta nail my toe-side this year, thats one of two riding goals along with bombing runs and feeling comfortable the whole time

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
man this year is going to suck for me I have a seasons pass every year and ride at least 2 days a week

last year I hurt my knee again after I have allready had my entire acl and miniscus rebuilt so I am not too shure how much I can ride this year

so I figure I will buy some snow shoes and hike or snowmachine everywhere I go this year

but I might just man up and buy a seasons pass this year who knows

edit her are some pics

me
conr.jpg

backside
Conrad006-1.jpg

an old friends girlfriend
44652118_l.jpg

last winter
1502674.jpg

the mountain gateway to lots of much larger hikeable mountains
family007-1.jpg

Last edited:

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
holy crap, you're far and above my skill level, any advice for someone who intends to tackle jumps and deep back country pow?

stinker504

Reaction score
I've been addicted to skiing for 3 years now, but I'll have to give snowboarding a try this year. Anyone here do both? Why so many snowboarders lately?

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
i used to ski back in the day, i'm sure i could pick it back up in a day.

so many snowboarders cuz the title of the thread is snowboarding.... cuz i'm cool like that

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
holy crap, you're far and above my skill level, any advice for someone who intends to tackle jumps and deep back country pow?

go as often as possible, learn to ride both directions (regular and goofy), dont puss out and most importantly ride withinthe limits of your body and skill

those 4 things are the key to developing skill

Back