so apparently im leaking oil now...

noelaorozco

Reaction score
not surprising when it has over 200k miles on it but anyways, the guy at the shop said it was from the VTEC Silenoid (not sure if i spelled that right) but he said it could either be just the seal that needs replacement or the whole thing. Anybody lnow how much a pain in the *** this could be if i plan on DIY? Also any tips on why my cars burning so much oil so quickly? besides the slow leak everytime i change the oil it doesnt last me much and i have to add another bottle or two before i get a chance to change it again...thanks!

soccerchamp16

Reaction score
not surprising when it has over 200k miles on it but anyways, the guy at the shop said it was from the VTEC Silenoid (not sure if i spelled that right) but he said it could either be just the seal that needs replacement or the whole thing. Anybody lnow how much a pain in the *** this could be if i plan on DIY? Also any tips on why my cars burning so much oil so quickly? besides the slow leak everytime i change the oil it doesnt last me much and i have to add another bottle or two before i get a chance to change it again...thanks!

Its probably your screen in the vtec solenoid, its probably clogged up. It's not super easy but its not hard. If it's not that it will be the upper seal on the solenoid which is super easy.

accord786

Reaction score
are you a 5 speed 4cyl?

most common in this car to burn oil in f23 motors thats just how it is , you may have a clogged screen hows your oil?

accord786

Reaction score
try not to run low on oil ,check engine will turn on then it will then run on limp mode pain in the *** to keep resetting and driving till the check engine light goes away

noelaorozco

Reaction score
are you a 5 speed 4cyl?

most common in this car to burn oil in f23 motors thats just how it is , you may have a clogged screen hows your oil?

yeah im 5 speed 4 cylinder but damn that sucks then lol amd hopefully its just the screen thats clogged cause i recently tried cleaning out the EGR valve as well which didnt let me pass the smog check last time but i need a better cleaning of it. i check my oil this morning and it was low but not too low lol

noelaorozco

Reaction score
and what is this limp mode? ive heard of it before and now that i think of it my car has been feeling really sluggish lately acceleration is slow and what not

accord786

Reaction score
Soon this will happen where it wont go past 4k rpm , when low on oil.Which is limp mode, runs sluggish, feels like has no power and wont let you rev. higher than 4k rpm

Do you hit vtec alot ? If so your engine burns oil , if you drive normal change gears around 3k rpm you'll be good

noelaorozco

Reaction score
damn, and how would i be able to get out of limp mode? but hmm sometimes i hit vtec but i guess i gotta kerp my revs low then

accord786

Reaction score
Getting out of limp mode is a lil tricky , you gotta make sure your oil is on level then you need to reset the check engine light and keep driving 6-7 times till ecu realizes your good on oil.

Main cause is low oil , the ecu doesn't want your engine to get damaged so thats why it stricts the rpm!!!

Back