So this has been happening

capsidx

Reaction score
The other day I was cruising along the road next to the beach when I noticed this irritating squeaky sound. I though great, I probably need a wheel bearing. The reason I assumed this is because old reliable has been her usually unreliable self. I got the car home and noticed the lug nuts were loose!!! Wtf. Ok so I tighten them. I'm thinking they don't just come loose. I thought someone is f ing with my car. I let it go. Then today on my way to work I started smelling burning oil or a burning smell. Not unusual for my car >_>. So I start checking all my gauges and noticed the temperature is almost in red and steadily climbing. I was 2 minutes from work but my car is more important. So I pulled over. Hmm radiator and reservoir are both BONE DRY. I start frantically checking for leaks while it's raining and trucks can't have the courtesy to move over. I'll be going fast and the furious on them soon enough but I digress. I can't find any visible leaks until I check the radiator. The bttom wing nut is somehow leaking but was tight? Any explanations? Lol

Edit: Update : I checked under the valve cover just for kicks to check for milky oil as I was pretty low in the oil pan. I found oil in one of my spark plug tubes. Upon inspection I was able to determine two of my tube seals had major gashes in them. I suspect from me being stupid and using a flat head to get them around the tubes as they are new seals. I also have no money until friday so I ended up JB welding the seals to hold me over until friday. I also havent seen any signs of a leak from the radiator but i'll have to check that out later. I will have to run water to cool the system because again, no money so no anti freeze. I hate situations like this.

Last edited:
Back