Soft or stiff?

Drew707

Reaction score
How stiff or how soft do you ride and what setup do you have going? I just installed my bc coils today. Still havnt really fine tweaked it. Which i will do tomorow. I did do a quick drive around my block with softest/stiffest. To me more stiff is kind of feeling better than it being soft.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
I currently ride w/ almost 100% stiff damping adjustment. Lowered w/ Tein SA, max low. Cambers set to -1.5° all around. 17x7.5's. 215/50R17's w/ 43/44 psi. Neuspeed front strut bar + CL/TL's. And some JDM aftermarket bolt washers on the strut tower and underneath my front seats for reducing road vibrations.

Before then, I used to ride with the softest settings, but I like stiff settings now. Loving how the car takes a corner at speed! :driving:

Congrats on getting BC's! I hear ya. You would feel each and every bump on the road, but the stiff ride (improved handling response) makes you feel you're attached to the road surface, rather than being spongy.

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
My f&f type 2's on the accord are at the stiffest, my BC's on my lexus are in the very middle. Choice depends on spring rates and lowness to me. (12k/10k in the accord, very low car. 16k/14k in the lexus, just past the top of the tires on stock 17's.) The lexus rides better but, it's also not as low the dampening is softer and well...

BC w/ Swift > F&F

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I am on Koni Sports w/dampening dialed in at 1.5 turns (out of 2). They’re paired with Ground Control coilover sleeves, 10.7k front, 8k rear. Ride height is around 24.75”. Tires are filled to 36 psi.

Ride comfort is all subjective, what feels stiff to one person may feel soft to someone else. And a stiff setting on one suspension setup may be on the softer end on another suspension setup. There are so many variables (spring rates, shock body pressures, tire sidewall, tire pressure, etc) so comparing can be difficult.

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score
I'm on Tein SS coilovers all the way on 100% dampening in the front and about 75% in the rear. All the way down all around, with a collar taken out in the front. Ride height is probably 23.5-23.75. With my 18's on 225/40's, I tuck the rear just a bit and the front has a bit of a gap.

For being stiff on Tein's, the car still rides great. Almost everyone says that they can't believe the car is on coilovers that are maxed out

Drew707

Reaction score
Right now i just finished tweaking the suspension. Im at 22.75f and 23.5r. Dampening on the bcs are set 5 clicks from full stiff all around. 12/10k springs. Bout to take it on a run see how it feels.

dboy261

Reaction score
Hey I know this is an old thread but i was wondering how you like your set up? Im in the process of ordering some Bc coils right now but still trying to decide what spring rate I want to go with. Im going to order the swift springs but not sure on rate. Im thinking 12k/10k or maybe 12k/8k if anyone has any insight for a nob I would really appreciate it. i have done lots of reading but it seems that different brands run differently.

Drew707

Reaction score
Well after riding on bcs for a while now i daily this thing commuting 50 miles a day. Id say that these are quite bouncy. Ive tried multiple settings but i cant seem to find the sweet spot. I think at the moment im at like 20 clicks towards stiff in the front and 10 clicks in the rear. Still quite bouncy wen i go over little bumps or mini wave like bumps on the freeway. I had it on full soft for a while the ride was a bit more comfortable but i felt like i would lose traction hitting a bump and taking a turn at the same time. The more stiffer i went the better handling and traction id get but id lose the comfort. Agen i still havnt found the sweet spot. I have taken my car through twisty turny mountain roads and i can take turns with ease so no complaints there. Just quite bouncy for my commute. Maybe i need to reset the preload or something. Which i will try wen i have time.

Last edited:

dboy261

Reaction score
man thats disappointing to hear. I hope you can figure it out. I have read lots of good reviews but your experience is giving me second thoughts. I haven't found anything better in that price range. Did you order yours direct from BCr ? Good luck with your suspension .

Back