Solution to those that their accord keeps on dying while driving

AlbanianCord99

Reaction score
While i picked up a friend at the airport yesterday and driving back home, my car died while doing 50mph. It died slowly like it wasnt getting no gas. Sometime it used to turn off right away. It used to turn on after 5 sec and sometimes ater 15 minutes, Well yesterday it wouldnt turn on at all. After checking a few stuff i called my brother to pick me up. I lived 15 minutes from where my car was broken down and my brother showed up two and a half hours later (having sex and ate breakfast) (bastard) i went to autozone to look for a main relay that runs electricity to the fuel pump. They cept bringing in the wrong ones and at the end they didnt have it. Went to pep boys and that guy didnt know anything . I decided to go to the honda dealership and got my part right away.

so if your car is shutting off buy a new main relay from honda (part number 39400s84003)and put it on. I paid 61.66 for it. The location of the relay is under the dash. On top of all the fuses. The main relay is sitting with a plug in it. After i put it on the car it run fine and until now i havent had any problems. I hope it helps everyone out. Any questions let me know

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Glad you got everything worked out, but before you go telling people what parts to buy, keep in mind that other things can cause the car to shut down while driving.

You should always try to diagnose the problem before just buying parts. Glad your problem got fixed though.

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
If you buy the part from Majestic, you can save abou 15-20 bucks. I replaced my main relay about 5-6 months ago and never ran into the problem again.

AlbanianCord99

Reaction score
I understand where your coming from but when most of our accords keep shutting off it means that the manufacture did not plan something right. Everybody showed the way the car reacts when shutting off and if you look ,all of them are pretty much the same. I read somewhere that the main relay goes bad after a while so with out no questions i bought it, switched it and now im :gride:

Last edited:

SeventhGear

Reaction score
sometimes i unplug my relay when it doesnt start for me.... blow in it(like i used to do on the old skool nintendo games) and it magically works!!!! wierd but does miraculously work... just felt like throwin my stupid story in the mix.
in no way am i telling n e one to nintendo blow into the plug for the main relay. :):)

Back