Sound problem

RedAccord02

Reaction score
Hi not long ago i bought a new cd player Pioneer Deh-p610 BT. Replaced all the speakers in the car, put pioneer 4way in the front and memphis 2 way speakers in the back. So my problem is that my rear speakers overpower my front speakers and its really irritating me. If i balance the system to go more towards the front it helps but it takes alot from my sound quality. Im not sure if the cd player setting is set up like that and im not being able to fix it. Or maybe the coupes acoustic isnt all that great. Im considering getting rid of the pioneers for the same speakers i have in my rear deck. Anyone ever have this problem?

RedAccord02

Reaction score
i lost you at step 3 lol. Should i disconnect the battery maybe thatll put all the settings to default? what did you mean at step 3 and 4?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
its just a funny internet thing :lawl:

the problem you're having is extremely common. the 6x9s can play lower frequencies better than the 6.5s can. BUT, due to that, they pull the sound to the rear of the car. thats what youre hearing. your sound "degrades," i assume, due to the lack of bass and also that the "4 way" speakers aren't as good.

(and an an aside, in the coupes, not only do you have the rear speakers "bouncing sound" off the glass, but your head is probably just as close to the rear speakers as it is to the fronts. problem is...your ears "face" forward, not backward.)

just disconnect the rear speakers...try it out. its free and easy :) not much is free and easy these days :lawl: i've been rear speakerless for years now, and not for a single second have i ever missed them.

you could always just sell both pairs and get a component set for the front ;)

RedAccord02

Reaction score
i honestly love the back speakers and dont kno if i would wana disconnect them. What would be a good front speaker/ component or w/e. I just cant disconnect them lol. Maybe running a amp to the speakers i duno give me more options. But thx for the advice at least im not crazy for hearing things lol or would that be not hearing things?

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Then get a 6.5 2-way speaker for the rear.

I have run that setup in two cars that I have, current setup in the sedan right now is a 2-way component set + midbass in the front and a 2-way 6.5" in the back.

At least if you are running the same speakers F/R, you'll get a more balanced sound from the speakers. As Ryan mentioned though, because it is a Coupe, the acoustics will be different.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
it doesn't have to be permanent :lawl:

but if the balance adjustment doesnt work, your only other option (without getting way too into it) is switching the polarity on the rear speakers.

car audio is about compromise. you like the rear speakers...you can't adjust them to where they're not pulling the sound to the back...you have to deal with it.

an amp is never bad, but it wont fix the problem entirely ;)

the best value component set at the moment is the phoenix gold RSd65cs.

RedAccord02

Reaction score
will those phoenix gold fit into the door with no modifications? i have a set of 6.5 component POWER brand but the speaker is just too big to fit into the door and i duno if i wana cut the metal.

Last edited:

swollen_cu

Reaction score
ryan s said:
its just a funny internet thing :lawl:

the problem you're having is extremely common. the 6x9s can play lower frequencies better than the 6.5s can. BUT, due to that, they pull the sound to the rear of the car. thats what youre hearing. your sound "degrades," i assume, due to the lack of bass and also that the "4 way" speakers aren't as good.

(and an an aside, in the coupes,

just disconnect the rear speakers...try it out. its free and easy :) not much is free and easy these days :lawl: i've been rear speakerless for years now, and not for a single second have i ever missed them.

you could always just sell both pairs and get a component set for the front ;)

Yeah I'm running only a front stage right now. Sounds awesome. I hated my 6x9s.

Boston sx60 powered by a jl 300/2 on one channel. Sounds crisp and clear.

Back