Spacers Questions

nyknick1015

Reaction score
Ok i have a couple questions for a project that i am trying to do but i got a couple questions on wheel spacers.

Some spacers need extended lugs, some dont, How wide would you go with spacers till you need extended lugs.

Whats the difference with the ones that slip over the lugs and the adapters?

I know most recommended companies are H&R, eibach, etc but are there any specific kinds that you recommend running stock lugs/extended lugs/adapters?

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
imo, you shouldnt go over 5mm spacers without getting extended wheel studs. definitely try to get h&r spacers, ive never heard anything bad about them. the difference with slip over spacers and adapters, is that adapters and usually used for a different lug spacing other than what youre running, so you can bolt the adapter to your wheel studs, and then bolt the wheel to the adapter. with a normal spacer, you have to just run your current lug spacing size and all it does is push the wheel further out.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
bump ....

b4 i finish my orders to get my car back into shape... can i run 8mm spacers safely or should i order extended studs along with it?

Fuzz

Reaction score
No.. Put extended studs.

What offset is the wheel... accords use 38-50mm... you would Need a 55mm offset wheel to use a 5mm spacer

simon_y

Reaction score
I would just to be on the safe side. I'm running 6mm spacers in the front and I'm running ARP studs just to be safe.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
bump. didnt want to create new thread.

my friend gave me his ichiba 15mm spacers. they came off of hes 240 s13. im assuming these are the 15mm v1 because they didnt come with the extra lug nuts. The bore size is 66.2 and the studs are 12x1.5

i did some research and it shows that 01 accords needs bore size of 64.1 and their studs are 12x5.

first question: what is the bore?
second: would this fit on my 01 coupe? would the bore piece fit since its slightly bigger then the accord ones and i would just have to get 12x1.25 lug nuts to fit the new extend struds right?
third: how do i take out my oem studs? do i just hammer it out?

or should i just sell it and get one for accord?

that is all. thx.
:hide:

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
well I don't really know anything about spacers but I do know that to remove the studs you can hammer them out cause thats what I did when I had to replace a broken stud. Sorry I can't answer the rest of your question though.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
its cool thx though. did u have to remove your rear or front? did the metal plate behind the rotor made it difficult to remove/install the new stud in? i think imma just sell the spacer i have to buy an accord on.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
uhh if I remember correctly I did the rear. I don't remember much about it but it wasn't hard and I did it back when I was a noob to working on my car so you shouldn't have too much trouble with it.

Back