Speaker Upgrade Problems

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
well i explained my setup and it by far sounds the best out all of my friends and people i have heard and yes i am right about the ranges
3 way means 3 speakers
6.5" would be bass, 1" mid and, 1/4" high, this meaning the speaker will hit the ranges better
you said it yourself...how is that not range?

and even kn0x47 said get a speaker with around 50 rms
thats about as low as your gonna get.

Lets go through this again. The amount of drivers attached to a loudspeaker has NOTHING to do with it's dynamic range. Period.

I could have a 17-way speaker. Doesn't mean it has better range than a quality 2-way speaker. There are plenty of 2-way speakers out there that have a broader dynamic range and a flatter frequency response than the plethora of gimmicky 2,3,or 4 way speakers going.

kn0x47

Reaction score
well i explained my setup and it by far sounds the best out all of my friends and people i have heard and yes i am right about the ranges
3 way means 3 speakers
6.5" would be bass, 1" mid and, 1/4" high, this meaning the speaker will hit the ranges better
you said it yourself...how is that not range?
and even kn0x47 said get a speaker with around 50 rms
thats about as low as your gonna get

thats my recommendation - not fact. but from my experience higher rms speakers will sound better and arent as cheap as lower rms speakers. but i'm sure that has a lot to do with brand too. i bought some pioneer? speakers once that were only 50 watts rms and i hated them. they were only 50 bucks. only kept them in my car for a few days. factory toyota speakers actually sounded better.

the best advice is go to the store and listen to speakers and see which ones you like best and fit your price range or go online and find them for cheaper. thats how i plan on doing it when i get around to buying speakers for my accord

brettg4215

Reaction score
yea ive never heard anything good about pioneers
thats why i went with kicker
and alpines are great but you really cant get full potential out of them without an amp since there rated at suck high rms
if any of yall plan on getting new speakers i would def. recommend kickers.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
You both are also only addressing half of the issue. You are leaving out sensitivity, rated in db. For lack of a better explanation , the higher the rating in db, the better the speaker is able to convert the electrical energy from the amplifier into the mechanical energy.

For example. http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/P...deo/Speakers/A-Series/Pioneer/TS-A1702C?tab=B

There we have a speaker with a rather low RMS rating of 50 watts. I've seen lower, but as that number falls so does the quality in most cases. It has a sensitivity of 90db, pretty good. Anything 90 db or above is good most of the time.

I use that speaker as an example because it seems to defy the general rule of component speakers. It actually sounds decent without an amplifier. I've heard it in car and out, running HU power and amped. They sound good.

yea ive never heard anything good about pioneers
thats why i went with kicker
and alpines are great but you really cant get full potential out of them without an amp since there rated at suck high rms
if any of yall plan on getting new speakers i would def. recommend kickers.

Oh, by the way. 75W RMS with an 88db sensitivity isn't THAT great. Especially considering what a HU puts out. What amp are you running these with?

Last edited:

brettg4215

Reaction score
well i dont like making enemies
especially over stuff like this
im just gonna say that im happy with my system
so white flag is up

kn106518

Reaction score
Thank you for all the input guys, so i think running 50RMS with 90db speakers should be fine without the amp right. I had RockFord AMP and SUb with my DIY Subbox. then it was too loud and heavy so i sold it. now come to think of it, i should have kept the AMP. lol. but ya, i think i'm going to get the in dash DVD player, but the ****tying thing is i found out that the pioneer one that i was looking at has Bluetooth ready (which mean i have to buy a ****ing plug-in to use bluetooth). That Blow man, the one with bluetooth build-in is like $500 :(

kn106518

Reaction score
the Panasonic in-dash DVD player that i show you guys earlier doesn't have Bluetooth huh? it says bluetooth ready, but i don't know if i have to buy a bluetooth adapter?

Back