speaker wire

gt58

Reaction score
okay so i caved in and decided to get a 2 ch amp for my front door speakers. i bought a length of 14 gauge speaker wire. i was curious to see how much speaker wire people have used in their sedans. im going to mount the amp on the fold down back seat. im going to re do my system and run the rca cables and speaker wires on the right side of my car away from the power wire.

how many feet did you use for your sedan? i wanna make sure i didnt get too little wire.

:)

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
15ft should be more than enough. The amp kit usually gives out 15ft, but I usually use about 12ft total and keep the other 3ft just incase. Always good to have more than less.

gt58

Reaction score
i bought 30 feet so i hope it will be enough to run to the passenger side through the door and the other under the dash across to the other side and into the door.

will it be fairly easy to feed the wire through the door? ive never stuck anything through the doors before. any tips or threads to lead me in the right direction??

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
You need fish wire. It's flexible tubing basically that you fish through grommets and holes. It's hollow so you can A: fish the wire directly through the tube or B: tape the wires to the tubing and pulling it through.

I've never done it on our cars but I think it'll be like any other, probably a little easier.

Since you probably don't have fish wire, just like get your own. A straightened cloths hanger or something like that. You'll figure it out. Just take your time and be creative.

gt58

Reaction score
thanks for the help. i'll probably try the hanger technique

stuff should be getting in some time next week :)

Back