specific alignment questions after coil over install

MichaelPower

Reaction score
Just installed my function and form type ones and lowered the car to no wheel gap all around, so right around 3 inches give or take.

I then took the car over to firestone for alignment and after doing some research on here i came to the conclusion that a camber kit was not necessary and i just need to get my toe zero'd out. He said he was able to get the toe back to basically oem specs but the camber is still -2.1 in the rear, can't remember what the front was, But the most extreme reading was the -2.1. He suggested i buy a camber kit if i want my tires to wear correctly :perkinswhatever:.

so basically what I'm getting at, is the camber kit necessary? or will my tires wear even since my toe is zero'd out? thanks for the help!

and i do notice some pulling to the right side even after the alignment. idk if this has to do with the camber issue or not but thought i should add it in.

Last edited:

kn0x47

Reaction score
no you dont need a camber kit. yes your tire will wear slightly unevenly but nothing to be worried about. no camber can not cause your car to pull to one side or the other. if its pulling either your wheels need to be balanced or they were lazy with the alignment

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Tire wear (outer wear) mainly comes from toe-in.

Ppl put camber kits for an aggressive look (negative degree), making them flush to the fenders, avoiding rubbings, better corner handling etc. However, there are some cases that ppl need the camber kits to correct their alighment to the factory spec, after getting different tire sizes than oem spec.

haccord13

Reaction score
Have a question i just installed coils on my accord and took it to get an alignment but the guy that was going to do it denied my car and said he couldn't align because it was low on coils and told me to get a camber kit so i could get it aligned. my question is do i really need a camber kit to align it ?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Have a question i just installed coils on my accord and took it to get an alignment but the guy that was going to do it denied my car and said he couldn't align because it was low on coils and told me to get a camber kit so i could get it aligned. my question is do i really need a camber kit to align it ?

For the camber, yes. He can align your toe though.

Back