Spray Paint Krylon or Duplicolor?

crossfire

Reaction score
I removed them and painted behind them black. Some people keep the strips in and some people opt to just kep the amber strip on the corner light. You can also get clear strips, harder to find though. I either use engine enamel or high temp paint. I used pretty much all the brands from du pont, rustoleum, VHT, and others and they are all about the same when it comes to blackhousing head lights. If you were spray painting exterior items or painting a vehicle it would be different. Any of the brands they sell at auto parts stores should do fine as long as they are high temp paint

Did you use the same high temp paint there or a black chrome?

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
What about VHT Flameproof? I have 2 cans of primer flat black
and clear coat. I contacted VHT and they didn't recommend it because they say the paint needs to be bake to reach optimal durability.

That's what I used came out great

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
That's what I used came out great

Do you have any close up pics I can take a look at?

I didn't paint the reflector side for the turn signals. But they really do look sharp

IMAG0035.jpg

crossfire

Reaction score
I didn't paint the reflector side for the turn signals. But they really do look sharp

IMAG0035.jpg

Those look great! Do you have any tips on masking off the turn signal reflector? I've never been very successful masking even with frog tape or blue tape.

I'm planning on masking the turn reflectors and painting them a black chrome.

99accord boi

Reaction score
Those look great! Do you have any tips on masking off the turn signal reflector? I've never been very successful masking even with frog tape or blue tape.

I'm planning on masking the turn reflectors and painting them a black chrome.

patience a really sharp knife
and dont be afraid to use up all the tape make sure that when u apply tape one strip overlaps the next and cut at the edges with the knife

Halabeaster54

Reaction score

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n485/java054/IMAG0035.[/QUOTE]

I'm planning on masking the turn reflectors and painting them a black chrome.[/QUOTE]

I just used the comic section of the newspaper that sucked anyway and some blue tape. Took me about 5 mins to mask it off perfectly. Don't do the turn signals a metalic color I just did mine purple metalic, such a nightmare. I miss my matte black ones.

[IMG]http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n485/java054/IMAG0205.jpg

hellfire127

Reaction score
I was thinking of doing this since my headlights are already apart for my upcoming retrofit. My headlights are different colors on the back, one is white and other is black. Do I need to sand the back in order to paint? They are plastic.

The white one came out of a 99 accord and I'm not sure what year the black one came out of. I plan on painting the chrome inside to black though.

Back