spray primer?

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm just tinkering with a random urethane lip i had. I'm going to eventually sell it to my buddy or possibly keep it, but before I send it to the paint shop for professional paint, I'm going to do the priming myself. It's going to save me a few bucks and the outcome, according to the paint guy, should be the same. The guy at the bodyshop said that the primer needed to be great quality, and also that spray can primer is ok for urethane. Has anyone primered urethane before, and with what type of primer? Metal, plastic, or some other kind? I've heard of flaking on urethane if you do not prime correctly, so let me know what you think.

frantz954

Reaction score
adhesion promoter followed up with a general purpose primer, honestly the best stuff i ve found for primer isnt even primer. krylon camo ultra flat black, durable as all hell and made specifically for plastics, couldnt scratch that stuff if you wanted to. sand it down with some 320-400 and paint.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
duplicolor high build primer is decent..if your just spraying it to spray it,not to cover body work or fill anything.

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
It worked out great. I got some adhesion promoter and took my time. Here is the final painted product.

Back