spring install

imaricer:)

Reaction score
does anyone know if a local part store would have top hats?

i really dont want to take apart my oe shock assemblys to get them....

kn0x47

Reaction score
yes sir, unless your front top hats are like mine and u need an impact wrench for the fuucking nut

:madrun:

its fun, just be careful and dont dis locate a shoulder :lawl:

does anyone know if a local part store would have top hats?

i really dont want to take apart my oe shock assemblys to get them....

stop smoking weed and go work out :darryl:

you do have the spring compressed when you're trying to take the top hat off, right?

Reaction score
stop smoking weed and go work out :darryl:

you do have the spring compressed when you're trying to take the top hat off, right?

no :coffee:

i havnt started working on them yet. my new shocks are in the mail so im trying to get all this planned out so the install will go smoothly.

last time i tried disassembling them with a compressor, the shock would spin when i tried getting the top nut off. even if i held the shock. im thinking a vice would help a lot as well... but i dont have one...

why cant i just buy new top hats?

Last edited:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
You have to get them from Honda man, and it's not just the top hats you'll need. You're going to need the top hats, bushings, washers, nuts, spacers, bump stops, dust covers....everything required in the strut assembly.

Quit being lazy and get the nuts off Nancy. It's not worth spending $200 on parts you already have because you want to skip a step. Like knox said, make sure the spring is compressed when you are trying to take it off AND that you are using an allen wrench on the top of the piston to keep it from spinning when you turn the wrench.

You should NOT be using an impact to take that top nut off either or to put it back on for that matter.

Reaction score
You have to get them from Honda man, and it's not just the top hats you'll need. You're going to need the top hats, bushings, washers, nuts, spacers, bump stops, dust covers....everything required in the strut assembly.

Quit being lazy and get the nuts off Nancy. It's not worth spending $200 on parts you already have because you want to skip a step. Like knox said, make sure the spring is compressed when you are trying to take it off AND that you are using an allen wrench on the top of the piston to keep it from spinning when you turn the wrench.

You should NOT be using an impact to take that top nut off either or to put it back on for that matter.

thank you man! AN ACTUALL DETAILED RESPONSE.

sorry to make you type a paragraph though...

Back