Spring rates

Pumpingiron

Reaction score
Hi I was looking for some spring rates of my ch1 and found other spring rates aswell!!

I´m looking for neuspeed race or h&r race spring rates if someone have it!

OEM CH1/CL1 (measured not 100% valid)
F: 323lbs/in R: 190lbs/in

Tein USDM:

HTECH
F: 268lbs/in R: 140lbs/in - 4cyl. 2/4doors
F: 280lbs/in R: 140lbs/in - 6cyl. 2/4doors

STECH
F: 297lbs/in R: 179lbs/in - All

Tein JDM CL1/CH9

HTECH
F: 306.9lbs/in R: 167.4lbs/in - Discontinued

STECH
F: 362.7lbs/in R: 228.78lbs/in

If you guys have more rates i can edit the post so it becomes a database!

Last edited:

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Thats good for guys running a spring and shock set-up. But for those running coils they have a wide range of rates for us from 6k/g all the way up to 25k/g or higher. but I doubt anyone is about that life lol

Pumpingiron

Reaction score
I´m also tempted to the Ground Control coilover sleeve....but since we have inspections and legally not allowed to have a "modified" cars i´m looking for other ways...until i get piss-off and buy a GC kit lolll

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Not sure how well inspections there knows modifications, but just to state the obvious, if your car is lowered, they will know it's modified.

I would go with whichever setup you are able to get locally or shipped for a reasonable price.

Not sure if you would have better luck looking elsewhere overseas to get it shipped to you, rather than from the US, but you may want to look in to that as well.

Full coilovers have their benefits, and the GC + shock setup is also a good choice.

Pumpingiron

Reaction score
I had Neuspeed spec Koni sp3 and neuspeed race on my ek4, in the top groove it was amazing how the car react, and since i was only at 1.75-1.5" drop it passed the inspection and had no trouble in the streets!

In that case since no extended top plate or short rod shock are available for me i will put a spacer in my koni before the bottom plate so it would site at max 1.5-1.7"!!

I just trying to bring some info to the people like me who don´t want to go with a full coil-over set-up! So if someone have more rates in hand or at least are able to measure some springs i can find out the rates of them (roughly) and can make a little database...if you guys want it of course...

I´m specially interested in the Neuspeed and H&R Race spring!

Back