Squeak from struts

dynasty

Reaction score
Whenever i get into my car, my front driver side struts squeak. I weight 180lbs so i don't think i'm that heavy. haha. but! is my struts blown? whenever i hit a bump, it squeaks but it don't feel like it's bumpy. or maybe it's not my struts?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
it's on its way out.. checking for any fluid leaks from the shocks

nyknick1015

Reaction score
i dont think so, it could be just spring rubbing againts the strut... mines does it all the time when im getting in but doenst do it often... its because on the aftermarket strut, i didnt put the rubber thing under the spring that stops the rubbing... if u are concerned about ur struts going out, go 2 ur car and shake it up and down, if it goes up and down easy, then its blown, if its firm... then ur fine

PROJECT H

Reaction score
my car does the same. but no leaks or anything (that i could see with my rims off.

maybe wd40 on the springs n stuff? or is that a bad idea? what abt your bushings? i dunno either lol.

ckinne

Reaction score
My struts do this too. I dont know why.

waccord99

Reaction score
mine do the same thing wen i hit bumps but i push on the car they are firm as ****.....ride quality sucks....gr2s.......and i think they squel when i turn when i first get on them wen i start the car

Back