Squeaky Noise from dash??

cordy1

Reaction score
I have a very annoying squeaky noise coming from deep within the dash on my 01 Accord Sedan. Nothing has been touched in the dash area, no parts replaced etc. The noise is only noticeable when driving which appears to be from just wear and tear and it may be more noticeable in cold weather. I am not even sure where to start since it sounds like it is from deep within the dash area. Just wanted to check to see if any one else has encountered this.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
It's an older car, you are bound to get some noises as parts start to wear down/loosen over time.

You may want to check and make sure it's not a loose windshield vent cover or, as crazy as it might sound, a mouse.

cordy1

Reaction score
I should have mentioned that it appears to be coming from the center/driver side area. I have tried to push down on various parts of the dash, stereo, etc and it did not change or go away. I guess I would have to maybe remove the stereo and have someone drive while I reach in and try to touch the various parts to see if I can pinpoint it.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Sounds like something that may be loose.

Does it happen when you go over uneven pavement, or just whenever you are driving in general?

cordy1

Reaction score
Yes, the windshield vent cover may be a good start, I will give that a try as it is easier than having to remove the stereo etc.
I can assure you its not a mouse though :)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Try the vent cover, if that doesn't solve it, then you will probably have to start looking in to taking more things out....or, you just turn the music up louder.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Perhaps there is a possibility the fan is squeaking. Try turning off your climate controls completely, and see if you still hear it.

cordy1

Reaction score
I think I may have already tried this but I better make sure, sometimes these annoying noises come from the least expected source.

Back