steering wheel shaking

sikjdm

Reaction score
okay i saw the "replays" the first time but thought it was a typo, anyways, it is spelled "replies"

Omega83

Reaction score
check your ball joints and wheel bearings.

This

I had this problem twice... once it was cause the front bearings were bad
(sounded like the wheels were gonna fall off at about 60 and got better at around 75-80) and once because I had a blown shock and it made the wheel bounce. It wore the tread unevenly so even when I replaced the shock and rotated the tires it still continued... had to get new tires.

Either way, the sooner you fix it the better off you'll be.

nsjames

Reaction score
no man i havent get the tires roadforce balance do you think that might be the problem?

just swap the tires front to back. If the problem remains it's not the tires.

If it goes away then it's something in one of the tires, likely a slipped belt or something if they've been balanced multiple times and still have a shimmy.

G'sAccord01

Reaction score
lmk what fixes your problem bcaz im having the same with my 4dr ... ppl keep telling me its the ball joints but im not sure yet gotta go check it out

001Stunna

Reaction score
Why not just jack up the car and check balljoints and tierods for play along with your wheel bearings. If they check out ok then cross them off the list and check other things.
-shifted wheel belt
-wheel balancing
-alignment
-uneven worn rotors

nsjames

Reaction score
Why not just jack up the car and check balljoints and tierods for play along with your wheel bearings. If they check out ok then cross them off the list and check other things.
-shifted wheel belt
-wheel balancing
-alignment
-uneven worn rotors

GTFO with your logical troubleshooting steps. This thread is all for internet conjecture about what might be causing a front end shimmy in a 10 year old car none of us have ever seen.

Back