Sticky Center Console Solution?

Forte EXE

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my center console. its right there under the radio and by the shifter. I hate it cus theres so much crumbs and **** and just dust. i hate it.

accord_luv

Reaction score
yeah.. i have the same problem with they stickyness.im supprise that only a selected few of us have that problem..i thought it was on all the accords that werent wood grain.
im going to try to sand it down and paint..has anyone tried this?? if so..can you post some pictures please?

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
I know everyone has the problem of having the center console get all sticky and gross. Has anyone found out how to clean this or remedy this? Why does this even happen? I tried using soap and degreaser and it doesn't really do anything. So does anyone have a resolution for the sticky console.

i used to have same problem...then we moved to the backseat :boink:

Raymond

Reaction score
LeeAnn's center console is all sticky, the top of her steering wheel is getting like that too.

I have the woodgrain crap for now so it's not gonna get sticky. The cubby hole underneath the radio was, and it was driving me crazy. So I took it out, cleaned it, scuffed it up, and spray painted it with gloss black paint. haha, no more sticky

TriNiCorD99

Reaction score
aight guyz so i took some pics for everyone to see the difference. However i only did the cupholder as it was scrateched and in the after pic the cupholder is still a bit wet. Oh and i didnt sand it this time as u can see a bit of a rough patch on the edge of the cupholder

This is what i used:
IMG_2088.jpg

BEFORE
IMG_2084.jpg

AFTER:
IMG_2095.jpg

Back