Stock clutch gave up...

floating doc

Reaction score
after only 214,000 miles. :favorites13:

Sometimes it's good to have only 150 HP.

It's getting an Exedy stage one ($100 delivered on ebay), Competition Clutch 12.4 lb lightweight steel flywheel ($117, ebay). If you can't easily mod an f23 for more power, there's other ways to get more from what you've got.

My mechanic wants to swap cams, but I don't think that it's going to make a difference unless I port the head and extrude hone the intake. At that point, an H22 or H23 makes more sense.

Varnell

Reaction score
If you're going to swap in the H22 or H23, might as well pick up an LSD transmission. Hopefully that's 85k miles down the road after you enjoy your Exedy.

RawCarnage

Reaction score
youll love the exedy clutch, i have one. also im debating on swapping a h22 or 23 into my accord but wont have the time to since its my daily. also h22a4s are hard to find over here in ct for a decent price with low miles.

floating doc

Reaction score
youll love the exedy clutch, i have one. also im debating on swapping a h22 or 23 into my accord but wont have the time to since its my daily. also h22a4s are hard to find over here in ct for a decent price with low miles.

Yeah, I'll probably never get to the swap. I can't justify pulling a good running engine from my daily driver.

RawCarnage

Reaction score
eh mine has a really loud noise, like a ticking or a slap. drives fine, but it drives me crazy at idle. so thats why i want to swap lol. btw let me know how that stage 1 feels. i always get oem but if stage 1 feels good i might get that.

lmayoral2191

Reaction score
How the hell did you find an exedy stage 1 clutch for 100?!? Lol I can't seem too find that.. my Google skills suck lol

floating doc

Reaction score
As for how it drives, the first surprise was when I pushed the pedal. It's amazing how light the spring is. It's going to get some getting used to. Seems to drive great, but I won't be in the car much for a couple of months. I'm loaning it to a family member.

Very happy so far.

bairdandrew77

Reaction score
Can you confirm that's a real exedy clutch? When it comes to certain things on eBay, I'm usually kinda hesitant in case it's a fake or replica

floating doc

Reaction score
I don't know for sure that it's a genuine clutch, but if it's a fake it's a damn good one.

The seller doesn't look like a typical ebay scam artist either. The vendor's got almost 20,000 feedbacks given, and currently has nearly 4,000 product listed on ebay. From what I can see, it's all clutches and flywheels.

Back