Stoppin Trunk Rattle

DfeAt01

Reaction score
dynamat did the trick for me. only rattle i hear is coming from the brake light inside the car. you know the one between your rear speakers. that plastic piece rattles. how weird?

f23accord2000

Reaction score
and also double sided tape works very well on the rear plate put it in the back and on lisence plate frame where you can not see works great for me

TriNiCorD99

Reaction score
and also double sided tape works very well on the rear plate put it in the back and on lisence plate frame where you can not see works great for me

how is the double sided tape working out for you cuz i know after a while it gets...mmmm for lack of a better word "old" and when you finally have to take it off im sure it will leave some residue.

matty2013

Reaction score
My rear bumper and Spoiler light rattle from the outside of the car, and on the inside my rear deck drives me crazy. I've tried stuffing wrapping foam inside to put some space between the metal and the deck.

Bond4387

Reaction score
only rattle i hear is coming from the brake light inside the car. you know the one between your rear speakers. that plastic piece rattles. how weird?

OMG I CANNOT STAND THAT. I have the exact same problem, and it just ruins my day lol. Sometimes, I just have to turn down my subs cause I can't even listen to a song with heavy bass without being bothered.

Does anyone possibly have any idea to stop this?? Or at least how to dismantle that part of the car so I can get to it and stop it from rattling??

tnguyen600

Reaction score
I have a spare sheet of dynamat and what I did was cut three small pieces out roughly 1/2" x 1" and what not. Then I stuck them under the brake lamp unit...one in the middle and one on either sides....it no longer rattles.

I played a song with a lot of bass as I was trying to isolate the actual part that was rattling on the brake lamp unit. So, as i isolated it, i stuck on the dynamat piece.

BadgerType

Resident ***hole
Reaction score
my rattle seems to eminate from the latch area. trunk closed it sounds bad imo but open, i can push it without any noise.

Back