Str-601

Mikey

Reaction score
If I come across as being rude, I apologize but it sounds like you need to read up and do a little research before spending money on such things. Research offsets and how they work and what they do. Learn why your ride height and offset and tire size need to work well with each other. Buying a suspension "that's cool" and then going with a wheel with a decent offset without knowing anything about either is going to cost you money, pain, or even injury. These are very serious issues to consider.

With that being said, I do think your wheels design choice is a good one.

nrgzctp

Reaction score
If I come across as being rude, I apologize but it sounds like you need to read up and do a little research before spending money on such things. Research offsets and how they work and what they do. Learn why your ride height and offset and tire size need to work well with each other. Buying a suspension "that's cool" and then going with a wheel with a decent offset without knowing anything about either is going to cost you money, pain, or even injury. These are very serious issues to consider.

With that being said, I do think your wheels design choice is a good one.

your def not coming across being rude but, i thought I was at the right location to find out information on what exact wheel sz and offset to get. im looking for an opinion on wheel sz and offset not the wheel design. I guess Ill research offsets and how they work.

thank you.

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Thanks,

any perticular reason why?

You said you want to tuck a little, and not stance the car. To me that means an offset of +30 or above, and a conservative rim width. So the +20’s are out, and as 20-CG5-01 said the +43’s would need spacers not to rub, and that’s a high offset. +30 sounds like the answer for your needs, at least out of those three choices.

But Mikey made a good point, it would do you a lot of good to look around and learn some more before investing. You don’t want to wish you had done something differently later, trust me. It’s good that you have coilovers and have full height adjustment, but you need to know how low you are, if you will need to roll your fenders, etc. You should educate yourself more first, so you can make a more informed decision. Of course we’re here to help.

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
feel like an idiot asking all these questons
You should educate yourself more first, so you can make a more informed decision. Of course we’re here to help.
Don't feel stupid at all. Have others asked the same questions? Yes. But that's why there are stickies and FAQ threads. But also Member's Rides threads. If you see a car you like while looking around, find their ride thread and see what kind of setup they have and it'llgive you an idea of what to expect.

Throwing full coilovers on a car is easy. Especially if you're running a stock, or close to stock wheel. The only thing you'll have to watch out for is camber/toe alignments and making sure you're not so low that you rub the fenderwells or anything on the underside of your car.

It's not difficult or impossible, obviously. But it's definitely something you want to make sure you're schooled in before diving in.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
In that case 18x8 +35 sounds like the right setup for you.

This. 18x8 +35 will look very good. And it will allow you to have properly sized tires without having to stretch them. :thumbsup:

18x8 +20 would be pushed out pretty wide. Definitely would need some fender rolling.

nrgzctp

Reaction score
You said you want to tuck a little, and not stance the car. To me that means an offset of +30 or above, and a conservative rim width. So the +20’s are out, and as 20-CG5-01 said the +43’s would need spacers not to rub, and that’s a high offset. +30 sounds like the answer for your needs, at least out of those three choices.

But Mikey made a good point, it would do you a lot of good to look around and learn some more before investing. You don’t want to wish you had done something differently later, trust me. It’s good that you have coilovers and have full height adjustment, but you need to know how low you are, if you will need to roll your fenders, etc. You should educate yourself more first, so you can make a more informed decision. Of course we’re here to help.

Thank you... Spent most of my work day looking up offsets and the differences between them... I think I have made my decision on what wheels to get....

Back