Stretched tire size options

snydas1987

Reaction score
Hey guys
So I'm looking at running 18" x 10" rims all round on my 99 accord v6 sedan.
With stretch fit tires, so I'm wanting to hear your ideas on what size Tires you guys run or think would suit this size rim with s mild stretched tired?? I'm keen to see the limit of tire stretch to an average stretch tire??? I'd rather a small stretch tire rather than a wildly stretched setup as its my daily driver..
Cheers guys

Varnell

Reaction score
The offset also plays a role. Look up LeBirdNest. I'm at work now and can't exactly remember his specs running 18×9.5 +15 wheels. Also check out the last page of Sleeper Cell's members ride thread. I asked a very similar question pertaining to 18x10.5 wheels.

White6GAV6

Reaction score
Check tyrestretch.com, really great site. Has a wide array of wheel widths and tire sizes so you can really see the differences. A lot of things have a factor in choosing tire size. How low you are, how much room you have between the edge of the wheel and the fender, and so on. I current have a 225/35 on a 10.5. It's decent stretch, more towards the wild side.

I would recommend at 235/35 or 245/35 for 10.5, but that's just me and my preference. Depends on your goals, and how much room you have available for tire.

Varnell

Reaction score
^Also a great site because you can compare brands since some run bigger or smaller than others.

snydas1987

Reaction score
ok thanks guys, after looking around i think a 235/40/18 will work well but il have to wait til i get my rims n guards rolled n pulled before i order then hey.?.
i like the stretched look but i think it looks crap when the tire isn't even hard up against the rims lip( kinda looks like it has the wrong size tire on the rim).
Will check out that site too.
So i should fit between the 225/40's - 245/40's depending on how my fitment ends up hey??? depending on the room i have in the wheel arch??
cheers guys

White6GAV6

Reaction score
245/40 is a pretty tall tire [98mm tall]. If you're low enough in the front, the tire may contact the frame rail that is above it. So that would mean either going down to a 235/40 [94mm tall] or a 245/35 [85.75mm tall] (better option)

snydas1987

Reaction score
Thanks man good info that last post... Still a while away just getting everything organised.
So with running say 7* camber am I better off going with s cheaper brand tire or a quality tire for better wear times? Like which is going to last longer? Il be rotating my tires regularly as advised...
Thanks

snydas1987

Reaction score
Thanks man good info that last post... Still a while away just getting everything organised.
So with running say 7* camber am I better off going with s cheaper brand tire or a quality tire for better wear times? Like which is going to last longer? Il be rotating my tires regularly as advised...
Thanks

Jordan_H

Reaction score
You can always flip your tires to get more life. Make sure your toe is good because it kills tires. Probably go with federal 595. They stretch good and are cheap. 215/40 tire because it will fit like a 225. My friend runs that on his 18x10

Back