STUPID P1456! please help me

justmoddin

Reaction score
ahh yes i just pulled the canister out last week but mine wasnt frozen you should try and hit it with some pb blaster or wd 40 let it sit then hit it again and let it sit a few minutes maybe even use a breaker bar and it should probably come out after you break it loose. Also made a few trips last night and today and even fueled up last night no light so far! still got them fingers crossed though...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I tried turning my cap a full half turn after the first click, light came back on the next day. I'll try a full turn...

justmoddin

Reaction score
I tried turning my cap a full half turn after the first click, light came back on the next day. I'll try a full turn...

DO IT! i just kept letting that sucker click lol.. maybe did a full turn or more i noticed i lot of buildup on my filler neck i need to clean it off and my caps rubber im going to armor all and that should bring my rubber back and leave a mark so i can see if its sealing good but when i opened my cap i still did not hear a psssshhhhhh or pressure coming out or anything.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Click = torque wrech ---kinda

Pressure/vac maybe cap one end, the on the other a short hose w/ guage - valve - pump, that order. Pump can be anything, hand, foot, electrical.

james'99

Reaction score
I saw this code before. Resolved it simply by cleaning and flipping the seal on the original gas cap. Once confirmed as "the fix", I replaced the gas cap from the dealer. But part of me hopes I'm wrong for the fix on yours seeing how much effort was already put into this fix.

justmoddin

Reaction score
good idea flipping the seal! mine still hasnt come back on im hoping its gone and being optimistic but will see i got about a half a tank left and im going to let it roll until thats out before taking my cap off and cleaning my filler neck and cap threads fingers crossed!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
My light came back on. It did seem to be off longer having turned the gas cap a full turn, but this obviously means something else is still wrong. yessss

Back