Sub/Amp Combo Quad-lemma

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
18-14 awg is ideal. Some more powerful setups will even use 10-8 awg but that's not for you :lawl:
27555920.jpg
Lol, looks I'll have to dig around the pile of parts from my 5th gen to see if I still have that 14 gauge spool I was running.
If you want to save $$$, IB seems like the best route to go.

If not, have someone design a ported box for the infinity's
Saving money is never not an option for me! I'd have to agree with going that route. Guess you'll see a FS post for the Alpine in the near future then!

edzyy

Reaction score
just looked over your amp specs, if u went with 3, your final ohm load would be 1.

Would need a diff amp.

Try the 2 10's ib

ChrisPuh_Gone

Reaction score
just looked over your amp specs, if u went with 3, your final ohm load would be 1.

Would need a diff amp.

Try the 2 10's ib
Maybe this will help visualize this problem with low bass.

infinity1060w_zpsfa1769b2.jpg
yikes @ that roll off
Wow. There's no question that I was totally misinformed before diving into this setup. Last time I listen to that "expert"... smh.

edzyy: I recently sent out one of the subs for warranty replacement, the dealer agreed to replace it after it crapped out on me. Once the second one comes back, I will put some of these super-long wood screws to use for an experimental IB setup. Hopefully, I remember to post my findings back here.

schmiddr2: That's an awesome graph, thank you for that! Ported > sealed for sure haha.
Wow how bout you scrap it all and just give me your stuff? Lol
Well you're local so if my ~experiments~ don't go as well, you'll hear from me!

Back