Sub not responding well?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
swap it with a buddy or install yours into his car...same with the sub...

always disconnect the battery :squintwave:

tckm

Reaction score
do you have a buddy that can lend you an amp to test out on your car
use all the same connections

this way, you can see if your amp is bad or not

Edit:
damn ryan beat me to it

Jianizzle

Reaction score
Just tested the sub on my home stereo and it works perfectly fine. I have the biggest feeling that it is my amp. With that being said, you guys have any recommendations on cheap powerful amps?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
craigslist
crutchfield
diyma

i have a 400 watt amp i'll probably be selling pretty soon here. its not pretty but works great. powered my rsd10 just fine...probably going to ask $50-75 for it :lawl:

tckm

Reaction score
did you figure out that it was the amp for sure?

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
alright, noob moment that just happened to me like a half hour ago :dunce:

can't believe my stupidity for not remembering to tell you this AND having done it myself.

check your crossover switch. you might have bumped it while you were taking the amp out or putting it back in. i hooked my one amp back up...wasn't working. double checked everything...i had hit the XO selection switch without knowing it. didn't feel it move or anything.

give that a shot. oh...make sure its on "low pass" or "LPF."

Jianizzle

Reaction score
I'm positive the XO switch is set to LPF and tried it off as well. How do I determine if the Amp is done or not? I don't have a voltmeter or anything. Any ways to check it? I'm basically just trying to find out if it's the amp or not.

If it's some obscure connection messed up, I'm gonna be so bewildered. Meh.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
if all the connections are right (good n tight as well) and the amp settings are right, it might be time to take the back off it and look for burned areas.

without being able to swap amps with a buddy or comparing it to a known good amp, that's about where to start...

CG6

Reaction score
crunch is also a decent amp i installed one in my cousins car pushing 2 12" pioneers and it does a pretty damn good job. i installed the subs bridged. and the amp is a 1400 watt 2ch...
are all wires oranized? wires have clean tips on them?

like others have said try using a buddy's amp or sttn

Jianizzle

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys. I actually found out what the issue was. My dad and I were troubleshooting the sound system and it turns out that the deck was the issue. We switched in an older deck that I don't use and the sub started pounding with amazing force, ahahah. So I guess the Sub controls on my current deck are done or the RCAs are. Something along those lines. With THAT being said.. I think I have to go headunit hunting... :(

Back