Superchargers???

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Use a Toyota SC14 Supercharger off an Estima Van, remove the AC pump and get some brackets and piping made to suit. The SC14 Charger is a roots style supercharger with a clutched drive (just like the AC system) which you can tune the chipped ECU to turn on or off under certain load conditions.
Of course you will only get a low boost out of it 5-7psi, but it will boost the power out of the H22A enough to put a smile on your face. Best thing about the SC14 is you can run an intercooler after it bringing down charge air temps, ring lands are most likely your weakest link with the H22A..... but I'd say a good tune and the low boost would be OK.
Good luck with it all, I've been reading about this type of setup on a Euro R engined BB4 Prelude on another forum I frequent. It's nearing the final stages at the moment so will be able to post the results of that sometime soonish.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
really? I never new that... so if you were to right hand swap a car then it would become a salvaged title? since you'd be swapping out the fire wall up? I could be wrong on this process but either way that's wierd.. lol learn sumthing new every day!

not sure abt swapping it lol

but if it's smashed in, then it'll salvage the car... at least tht's according to an insurance guy i knew

Use a Toyota SC14 Supercharger off an Estima Van, remove the AC pump and get some brackets and piping made to suit. The SC14 Charger is a roots style supercharger with a clutched drive (just like the AC system) which you can tune the chipped ECU to turn on or off under certain load conditions.
Of course you will only get a low boost out of it 5-7psi, but it will boost the power out of the H22A enough to put a smile on your face. Best thing about the SC14 is you can run an intercooler after it bringing down charge air temps, ring lands are most likely your weakest link with the H22A..... but I'd say a good tune and the low boost would be OK.
Good luck with it all, I've been reading about this type of setup on a Euro R engined BB4 Prelude on another forum I frequent. It's nearing the final stages at the moment so will be able to post the results of that sometime soonish.

interesting... but finding a SC from tht car in good condition might be a challenge

GlassJAw

Reaction score
It's fitted to the Toyota Previa Van 2TZ-FZE 2400cc 4 cylinder engine, and also on the old I6 1G-GZE 2.0ltr MK2 Toyota Soarer (dont think you guys get them state side)
Another cool thing about the SC14 is the fact it can spin in either direction, so our Honda anti-clockwise rotation doesnt bother the supercharger in the slightest.

Here's the Prelude Build:

http://nzhondas.com/forum/build-threads/109228-bb1-prelude-sc14-builddt.html

Here's another build using a Del Sol CRX with a B16A: (this is where I got the idea for the SC14)

http://nzhondas.com/forum/forced-induction/110767-supercharged-b16a-using-sc14.html

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^^Interesting builds.

Definately looks like an option for the H-Series guys.

What about using the SC14 supercharger on an F-Series engine?

GlassJAw

Reaction score
I would imagine that using one on an F series would be similar if not identical to using one on an H series engine.
I was wanting to mount the alternator where the power steer pump sits on an Accord (my Euro R has electric power steer like an S2000) and mount the SC14 in the alternators position. All this has taken a back seat as I may have a new toy car within the week to play with.

GlassJAw

Reaction score
I'm goin rear wheel drive and Nissan powered...... I blame ZFreak and his completely awesome 300ZX build thread on here for this! :lolrun:

F23A1AT

Reaction score
does anybody care to elaborate on what these "ringlands" are? I have heard the topic brought up several times over the past couple of years here, I still haven't figured them out yet.

GlassJAw

Reaction score
Basically the Piston Rings sit in a groove on the piston, the lands are the bits in between the piston rings (if that makes sense??)

Here's a picture to show what a failed one looks like: (non H22A ones but you get the idea)

pistons.jpg

Back