Swap manual climate for automatic?

hondaspeedx

Reaction score
Does anyone know if I can swap the manual climate control bezel in my 02 accord with one that has the electronic automatic climate control? I'm sure I need at least a temperature sensor, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if there is more involved. Thanks!

travisn

Reaction score
a quick search says it has never been sucessfully completed. lots of sensors and motors to operate various doors.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yea, the wirings too much of a hassle to have to redo and everything. its pretty usless other than a "bling" factor....even tho its a stock piece, haha. its really not worth the work to change them, and youd have to figure it all out on your own since no ones ever done it before.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Not just the wiring, but the sensors as well. But feel free to try, there's a first for everything.

hondaspeedx

Reaction score
Nah, that pretty much kills it. I was really only interested because I want a spare bezel to wrap in CF and not worry about damaging the only one I have. On ebay I found one with the auto climate controls for less than the manual controlled one. I'll just want and get a manual control one. I've got so many damn projects now that I don't need to start it immediately. Besides projector retro will be the next project I start.

Thanks for confirming what I thought guys.

Back