swapping the F23A5 to a JDM F23A Help!

Discussion in 'Engine & Transmission Mods' started by Thecuban17, Nov 4, 2019.

First question is can I depin the plugs so I can use the internal dizzy? Next what is the difference

1. Difference between external and internal distributors

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Can you depin the plugs to use internal distributor

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Thecuban17

Thecuban17 New Member

So the F23A is in the car and running the only concern is the Dizzy. The engine came with an external coil dizzy and the F23A5 has a internal coil dizzy. I have the Vtec F23A harness but the only difference is the dizzy plug. First question is can I depin the plugs so I can use the internal dizzy? Next what is the difference between the two dizzies?

2. Mark2001Accord

Mark2001Accord Well-Known Member

Yes, you can de pin them.

Check out Rywire.com, they make adapter harnesses for the Honda distributors. Plug n play.

Is swapping still going on? I was toying with swapping the H22A. Even after I devised ways of beating the emissions test, I passed on it in favor of the F23. I think about it. All the time. Probably something to learn there..

JDMChicago has them for $4-500.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  3. rockstroh89

rockstroh89 Member

As far as I’ve noticed the only difference between the f23a and the a5 is the plug. Found this out when I pulled the F23a5 outta my Dx and put an a1 in there. Suppose I could rip them both apart and actually find out. I’d suggest just going to the junkyard and finding a dizzy off an lx or ex Accord and call it a day

4. bavarianblessed

bavarianblessed Active Member

The Hitachi distributors from the US A1 models use an internal coil as well. The only other difference I can think of is that the JDM F23A1 didn't use a separate crank sensor, right?