Symptom of a blown shock

pattywak

Reaction score
Definitely. When I put my coilovers on, the first time I hit a bump I thought I broke every suspension component. But it was just bc it was a lot stiffer. :thumbup:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Definitely. When I put my coilovers on, the first time I hit a bump I thought I broke every suspension component. But it was just bc it was a lot stiffer. :thumbup:

haha. So for a second your heart sunk?

OP I would get them professionally tested. I bought my suspension from a member on here, had it tested it and 3 of the 4 struts were good, and one was bad and needed replaced. I was not thrilled, but the price I paid for the struts included the springs, so I let it go.

I guess what I'm saying is, find out for sure if the shock is bad first because it may not be.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
This is why I buy expensive things from well respected members, I boughtmy tein suspension for 500 with about 20k on it.

matt_glesn

Reaction score
that shock is blown, had some tokico blues that were blown had the same problem. they should be hard to compress and then come back up once they are. if you ride on blown shocks it can wear your springs faster.

pattywak

Reaction score
that shock is blown, had some tokico blues that were blown had the same problem. they should be hard to compress and then come back up once they are. if you ride on blown shocks it can wear your springs faster.

Springs don't "wear out."

finch13

Reaction score
^ They can. If springs never wore out, why do you think 90% of most 96-07 Ford Taurus' look like they're dragging their *** on the ground?

As far as a blown shock "wearing springs" faster, I don't know if I believe it. Quality springs have lifetime warranties against sagging and spring failure, so I wouldn't worry too much.

pattywak

Reaction score
^ They can. If springs never wore out, why do you think 90% of most 96-07 Ford Taurus' look like they're dragging their *** on the ground?

As far as a blown shock "wearing springs" faster, I don't know if I believe it. Quality springs have lifetime warranties against sagging and spring failure, so I wouldn't worry too much.

Ohh, that's what I meant. My fault.

Back