Tail Light Socket Type?

KombatVirus

Reaction score
Assuming you have the stock lights, isnt it easier for you to test the bulbs if they fit.

It would be hard for anyone to tell you yes or no unless they have the same bulbs, or have ever measured the depth/height of the socket on their tails.

The thing is, I dont have the stock tail lights but am picking them up on Tuesday. They fit in my aftermarket ones but in those, they are placed on a slight angle. The inner ones for the trunk lid are quite large

KombatVirus

Reaction score
If someone on this forum has done LED conversion please chime in. I am sure there are people who have LED tower bulbs and can tell me roughly the size and if mine will fit!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
You said you were picking up the OEM tails on Tuesday, so if you got them just put the driver or passenger side tails on the car and insert the bulb and see if it fits.

KombatVirus

Reaction score
^ I actually haven't gotten them yet, they went on backorder so it will be a week or two.

I intend to post if they do not fit, since this information cannot be found elsewhere. Does anyone have LEDs in their tail lights? I thought it was a popular enough mod to actually get an answer when it comes to approximate clearance :angry94:

001Stunna

Reaction score
^ I actually haven't gotten them yet, they went on backorder so it will be a week or two.

I intend to post if they do not fit, since this information cannot be found elsewhere. Does anyone have LEDs in their tail lights? I thought it was a popular enough mod to actually get an answer when it comes to approximate clearance :angry94:

Unless one has custom made led-tails, putting led bulbs in your tails to me is pointless. Sure they look cool at night...but they usually cannot be seen for sh1t during the daytime.

KombatVirus

Reaction score
Unless one has custom made led-tails, putting led bulbs in your tails to me is pointless. Sure they look cool at night...but they usually cannot be seen for sh1t during the daytime.

That depends on the quality of which ones you get.. 1 LED on mine has light output as good as a bulb, so having 18 mounted all around it works way better than a bulb.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

You're getting the OEM tails regardless, right? So when you get them just put one side on and put in the LED bulb. If it fits, great. If not then just sell them and buy ones that do.

Back