Taking out the upper dash pad?

Reaction score

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I think there may be threads posted by brad2274, FNCONE, or tknightt that might have photos since these guys all swapped their dash's. Not sure how specific they got though...

Long shot but maybe there is a video on YouTube?

Reaction score
I think there may be threads posted by brad2274, FNCONE, or tknightt that might have photos since these guys all swapped their dash's. Not sure how specific they got though...

Long shot but maybe there is a video on YouTube?

Nah, looked on youtube for ages. I'll check out those threads. Thanks!

lashlee

Reaction score
I've got a spare dash in my attic since I cut the top of mine for my 3" Dyn's but if I remember correctly the upper and lower sections are held together by a number of screws that are mostly accessed once the entire dash has been removed.

Reaction score
I've got a spare dash in my attic since I cut the top of mine for my 3" Dyn's but if I remember correctly the upper and lower sections are held together by a number of screws that are mostly accessed once the entire dash has been removed.

Good to know. I think my approach will be to wait for a weekend when I have absolutely nothing going on and then just start taking things apart piece by piece until it's obvious how it all fits together.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you decide to take photos to document the process for a DIY, I'm sure it would help a lot of people out. Good luck!

FNCONE

Reaction score
Follow This. I never tried separating the 2 pieces apart.
It can be done in a day. (But I did have practice in the junk yard I've done it like 6 times lol.)
Definitely give your self time.
LABEL several ziploc bags. (ig. Left Screws Right Screws Center Screws) because it gets real messy real quick

Reaction score
Follow This. I never tried separating the 2 pieces apart.
It can be done in a day. (But I did have practice in the junk yard I've done it like 6 times lol.)
Definitely give your self time.
LABEL several ziploc bags. (ig. Left Screws Right Screws Center Screws) because it gets real messy real quick

This is awesome. Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you.

I'll definitely be using the ziplocks, and taking pictures along the way for reference. Maybe I can make a guide of sorts and post it here for anyone looking to do this in the future since I'll be taking all the pictures anyway.

Back