Tan Interior Swap

Discussion in 'Detailing, Paint, Interior, Show mods' started by Denton1000, Jan 4, 2018.

1. Enne

Enne Well-Known Member

Tan interior always looks good on a black car IMO. I wish my CG6 had tan instead of gray.

2. Denton1000

Denton1000 Active Member

I like it too, it kinda makes me think of older Ferrari’s.

3. Denton1000

Denton1000 Active Member

I just got my seats, I’m gonna post pictures tomorrow. The fronts are faded more than they were in the pictures and more than the owner realized so he cut the price a little for me which was cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Denton1000

Denton1000 Active Member

I woke up early this morning, got pictures of the seats and got them in.
    Before installation: [​IMG]
    In the car: [​IMG]
    Also, randomly, I noticed that half the bolts I had were 9/16ths while the other half were all 14mm which was weird and I don’t know the reason so maybe someone else does? It’s obviously not a huge deal, I used all the 14mm bolts so they’re all uniform in case I ever need to take the seats back out.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
  5. RedRyder

RedRyder Be a better driver

Looks good. I swapped the headrests on my '99 seats to the '01-02 style. I don't find them any more comfortable, just look cooler ha.

6. Denton1000

Denton1000 Active Member

Thanks! I totally agree about the headrests, the newer ones just look more high end I think.

7. capsidx

capsidx Well-Known Member

I switched from tan cloth to black leather in my sedan. I hated how the coupes got the nicer seats. Nicer bolsters, power seats etc. It is what it is though. My front seats are coupe and the drivers seat has fully functional controls. No more pulling the handle back on a hill, seat flies back and the car stalls because my foot came off the clutch lol. I wanted the tan leather seats because they are really classy but I feel like id get them too dirty. At least the floor anyway. Good luck with the rest.

8. j35_cg2

j35_cg2 Active Member

Speaking of changing seats does anyone know how to wire up v6 ex power seats in an LX 4 cylinder coupe?

9. capsidx

capsidx Well-Known Member

Basically what I did was run a wire from the passenger side fuse box (the power seat fuse) and connect that wire to the cluster of wires under the seat, (NOT THE YELLOW AIRBAG WIRES) and then ground the ground wires that under the carpet where there is an existing chassis ground. You have to cut the plug off to do this or wire up the hot wires to the fuse wire on the female or male end and plug it into the seat. There are only two types of wires on that plug if I remember correctly. 12 volt power and ground. I think the colors should be the standard Black/ yellow for how and black for ground but I could be mistaken on the color. I think I needed a pinout. Anyways sorry for rambling. make sense? lol

Also, I took have the headrest with the center cutout. I love seeing them every time I open the door lol

10. j35_cg2

j35_cg2 Active Member

I’m wondering if it would be less trouble to remove the power seat harness from my car and put it in the LX. I have racing seats so there is no need to keep the harness