TCC Solenoid

mister_two

Reaction score
Any update on this? I have a 2000 Accord SE with 184xxx miles and having transmission issues. Getting CEL P1750 and P0700. Thinking of replacing the AT clutch pressure solenoid and the lock up control solenoid.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Any update on this? I have a 2000 Accord SE with 184xxx miles and having transmission issues. Getting CEL P1750 and P0700. Thinking of replacing the AT clutch pressure solenoid and the lock up control solenoid.

0700 can come on along with any other tranny code. For 1750, replacing A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valves A and B in an ideal world should fix the problem. However if this does not fix the issue...you are due for a new tranny.

They look like http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3531/3780531999_91b8a20731_b.jpg

You would need
1x 28250-P6H-024 Solenoid assembly
3x 91301-PC9-003 O-Ring
3x 22750-P6H-000
1x 28252-PAX-000 gasket

Last edited:

mister_two

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. 1-2 shifts and downshifting feels very rough. Also, it seems to happen only after the car is warmed up. When it's cold it shifts more normal. Not sure if I have enough sampling size to confirm this hot/cold difference. Ever since it started shifting rough I have been driving a different car instead. And it's a little cold outside to work on cars. The first time I notice the rough shifting there was no CEL. The second time this happened the CEL came on and the D4 started flashing. After I turned off the car the flashing D4 stopped but CEL is still on.

When it's warmer I will locate the solenoids and put a OHM meter to test for resistance. Will report back my findings.

kev2809

Reaction score
hey, was wondering how this turned out? and also where did you get the sensors at?

i just got a 2000 v6 accord and its doing the same thing...was thinking of giving this a try...its showing code p0780

001Stunna

Reaction score
hey, was wondering how this turned out? and also where did you get the sensors at?

i just got a 2000 v6 accord and its doing the same thing...was thinking of giving this a try...its showing code p0780

DTC P0780: Mechanical Problem in Hydraulic Control System for Shift Solenoid Valve A and A/T Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Valves A and B, or Problem in Hydraulic Control System

Buy the oem switches from hondapartscheap.com or oemacuraparts.com and see which works out for less or you could try to find them at a salvage yard/junk yard.

-Replace the torque converter clutch solenoid valve/shift solenoid valve A, and the A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valves A and B.
-Reset the PCM memory by removing the BACK UP fuse in the passenger's under-dash fuse relay box for more than 10 seconds .
-Drive the vehicle for several minutes in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th gears by locking in those positions.
Recheck for code P0780. If still on you need a new tranny

indexyf.gif

A/T clutch pressure control solenoid valves A and B
1x 10 28250-P6H-024 SOLENOID ASSY., LINEAR
3x 17 91301-PC9-003 O-RING (7.7X2.3) (ARAI)
1x 11 28252-PAX-000 GASKET, LINEAR SOLENOID
1x 3 22750-P7Z-000 PIPE (8X18)
1x 4 22760-P7Z-000 PIPE (8X26)
1x 5 22770-P7Z-000 PIPE (8X36)

Torque converter clutch solenoid valve/shift solenoid valve A
1x 8 28200-P0Z-003 SOLENOID ASSY., SHIFT

Recommended clutch pressure switches
2x 14 28600-P7Z-003 SWITCH ASSY., OIL PRESSURE (TEXAS INSTRUMENTS)
2x 16 90471-PW7-A00 GASKET (10MM)

Last edited:

kev2809

Reaction score
thats what i was afraid of...so trying the flush and fill 3-4x is a waste of time and money? just wondering because i already bought 3 qts of genuine honda fluid and im not gonna try it if its not gonna work!

so according to that diagram, i need 2 of the oil pressure switch assemblies (#14), 2 of the gaskets for them (#16), and one of the shift solenoid assembly (#8)?

im looking on a diagram for my v6 at hondapartscheap, and its a little different (sorry, site wont let me post any links until 7 days)
and its a little different and the part numbers arent the same. i can figure out the 2 switch assemblies-oil pressure, but where is the other one?

kev2809

Reaction score
oh..and did the original poster buy #10 and #8? thats what it looks like in the pics..not sure though

001Stunna

Reaction score
thats what i was afraid of...so trying the flush and fill 3-4x is a waste of time and money? just wondering because i already bought 3 qts of genuine honda fluid and im not gonna try it if its not gonna work!

so according to that diagram, i need 2 of the oil pressure switch assemblies (#14), 2 of the gaskets for them (#16), and one of the shift solenoid assembly (#8)?

im looking on a diagram for my v6 at hondapartscheap, and its a little different (sorry, site wont let me post any links until 7 days)
and its a little different and the part numbers arent the same. i can figure out the 2 switch assemblies-oil pressure, but where is the other one?

oh..and did the original poster buy #10 and #8? thats what it looks like in the pics..not sure though

Are you trying to fix your problem or the OP's problem?

For your problem you would need to replace what i mentioned above...however if it is not the sensors and the tranny itself then changing the sensors won't do anything and the tranny will still be crap.

No-one can tell you if doing a tranny "drain and fill" will make a difference for you or not. You should have been doing a drain and refill once a year up until now anyways. If you want to try it doing a drain and refill...try it. If not...Don't.

At the end of the day you're taking a gamble either way as it could easily be the transmission and no fluid or sensors will fix it.

kev2809

Reaction score
im not trying to fix the op's problem..but like stated in my first post, ive read numerous threads on what to change out and none of them mentioned the 2 oil pressure assemblies, unless im reading these wrong...which is why i referring to what the op is changing out...not only that - i believe the pic and part numbers you posted goes to a 4 cylinder. im not saying anyone is wrong, im new to these accords so im not sure if the 4cy and 6cy part numbers are different...im just trying to get my info straight before i decide what to do. all im looking for is advice what i should do first, and what other people have done successfully to fix this issue. if changing out the trans is necessary, then so be it, at least i have my answer. if other people have fixed this problem by buying some or all those sensors above, then id try that. if by some odd chance flushing the trans has worked, then id try that. im just trying to figure out what has worked for other people experiencing sluggish first gear when cold while throwing out code p0780

Back