The Saints, but not really a football topic

Jefften10

Reaction score
I'm so heartbroken.
I don't know if anyone can understand though. I grew up in New Orleans, and everything that has happened and a city that was once so proud is now so low not only because of a devastating hurricane, but also because of decades of scandels and poor governing. The New Orleans Saints, no matter how bad they were, had one of the most loyal fan support. The whole city would stop on a Sunday for games, even after conistantly loosing. If the Saints could go 8-8 then it was a good season. I remember making jokes as a kid about the day the Saints would go to the superbowl: the day hell freezes over. HAHA right?? This is ten years ago.

Look at the city now. Here is what a normal citizen's day looks like:
Get up, either in an apartment or trailer that you struggled to even get.
Read the Times Picayune, maybe the highlight of your day if there is something good in the news, but there usually isn't.
Go outside and look at what used to be your house, but is now a gutted box with plywood floors and no drywall from about 6 feet to the ground.
Work all day on your house, or work allday while someone works on your house (depends on occupation).
Have lunch, (best part for most, but it takes 2 hours because every restaurant you go to is short labor and they can't handle the number of people who want to eat.)
Finish working.
Go home to your trailer or apartment. Unless you live in Metairie or Kenner and you are living in your home, but you will sit on I-10 for 2 hours becuase it is the only road in and out of town and all those laborors are trying to go back to their apartment too.
Eat dinner with your family, if they are there, but a lot of people are just living by themselves.
Go to sleep. Repeat.

Now to my point: These already loyal Saints fans have absolutly nothing to look forward to everyday. Some lost everything. We all know the season the Saints have had this year, and lets face it ::gulp:: the Saints are a good football team now. You know what type of hope that gives to the people? It gives them a reason to work during the week, it gives them hope. Geez, people have been talking for years about moving the Saints, New Orleans is too poor to have a football team, and know all of a sudden the Saints could be what saves the city. How ironic.

Anyway im going to end my rant. This team has made history, and now it ends so simply, devastated. What do these people have to look forward to??? Its so sad, and to think this team I have loved so much since I was born go so far, yet fall so hard, it really hurts.

I hope that you guys truly can understand what its like around here, and well, I don't know. :(

iStealBunnieSz

Reaction score
Jefften10 said:
I'm so heartbroken.
I don't know if anyone can understand though. I grew up in New Orleans, and everything that has happened and a city that was once so proud is now so low not only because of a devastating hurricane, but also because of decades of scandels and poor governing. The New Orleans Saints, no matter how bad they were, had one of the most loyal fan support. The whole city would stop on a Sunday for games, even after conistantly loosing. If the Saints could go 8-8 then it was a good season. I remember making jokes as a kid about the day the Saints would go to the superbowl: the day hell freezes over. HAHA right?? This is ten years ago.

Look at the city now. Here is what a normal citizen's day looks like:
Get up, either in an apartment or trailer that you struggled to even get.
Read the Times Picayune, maybe the highlight of your day if there is something good in the news, but there usually isn't.
Go outside and look at what used to be your house, but is now a gutted box with plywood floors and no drywall from about 6 feet to the ground.
Work all day on your house, or work allday while someone works on your house (depends on occupation).
Have lunch, (best part for most, but it takes 2 hours because every restaurant you go to is short labor and they can't handle the number of people who want to eat.)
Finish working.
Go home to your trailer or apartment. Unless you live in Metairie or Kenner and you are living in your home, but you will sit on I-10 for 2 hours becuase it is the only road in and out of town and all those laborors are trying to go back to their apartment too.
Eat dinner with your family, if they are there, but a lot of people are just living by themselves.
Go to sleep. Repeat.

Now to my point: These already loyal Saints fans have absolutly nothing to look forward to everyday. Some lost everything. We all know the season the Saints have had this year, and lets face it ::gulp:: the Saints are a good football team now. You know what type of hope that gives to the people? It gives them a reason to work during the week, it gives them hope. Geez, people have been talking for years about moving the Saints, New Orleans is too poor to have a football team, and know all of a sudden the Saints could be what saves the city. How ironic.

Anyway im going to end my rant. This team has made history, and now it ends so simply, devastated. What do these people have to look forward to??? Its so sad, and to think this team I have loved so much since I was born go so far, yet fall so hard, it really hurts.

I hope that you guys truly can understand what its like around here, and well, I don't know. :(

Dam dude that really touched me.. :(

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i was down there in 01 before all this happened, and it was a fun time...i really like it down there.

youre right when you say that most of us cant understand what its like. all we can do is hope and pray that people can get back to life as usual some day. i hope i can go back sometime :)

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
i fell ya man... the saints are an inspiration to all, and i hope they'll be back to the playoffs next year ;)

Back