"THEE" Accordian's 2002 Sedan SE ***56kers beware of picture whore*** (updated 4/28)

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I'm always hell of busy, I think it would be cool to do a "gathering" instead of a "meet" taht isn't so official. There's a thread in the "meets and events" section of cali members.

accordman1

Reaction score
Hey whats up. I am new to this site. I was wondering on how you got your shift knob like that in an automatic. Let me know I will appreciate it. You car looks pretty good. I will have pics soon.

accordman1

Reaction score
hey

hey I looked at the pics you did a good job. I want to do that to my car now. I got a few questions on the 12th picture you show the shift boot in the plastic piece there is a white plastic thing that you have screwed into. Did that come with something or was it there because I dont see it on mine. I have taken my center console out and got it painted along with other pieces in the car. Was it hard to take the bezel and light bulb out because I dont see a way you can take that piece out without cracking it. Let me know how long it took. I would put some pics up but I cant seem to understand how to on here its too confusing. I have a cardomain profile though. Let me know thanks

theaccordian

Reaction score
I dunno bout that PM sketch05 for details, for my shiftboot I didnt have to take out the entire console, I just needed to take out the plastic trim around the shifter tuck the boot in and snap the trim back in.

accordman1

Reaction score
hey

You said you took out the bezel that says park, reverse, neutral, 3rd, 2nd,1st on it and the light bulb. How did you take that out is there screws or something that you can take it out without cracking it because when I looked once it looks hard to get out. How long did it take you to do this all? I am thinking about doing it soon just dont know when I will have time.

theaccordian

Reaction score
first and foremost youre gonna need to get the shift boot and shift knob, youll understand the write up once you get the parts.

my shift boot is different from the one I linked,the link is the way you should install if you have a OEM shift boot. I didnt need to touch the bezel or shifter or anything. my shift boot was CUSTOM made,so follow the DIY I linked, the way I did it wont work for you. All I have to do is take off the stock shift knob, replace with aftermarket shift knob, remove the plastic trim that surrounds the shifter, tuck the shift boot uned, and snap the trim back in.

But that wont work for you, follow the DIY I linked or you can send a private message to the memeber sketch05 for the details, that is not my writeup its sketch05's. go to him if you have any questions.

xluben

Reaction score
nice car, one of my favs. if only it were black :D

gives me hope for my sedan.... if only WW kits were cheap and available :(

is it a 4cyl or v6? you should def. swap in a manual :thumbsup:

Back