Thinking of going amber neon tubes for amber strip in headlights.

ManceboF

Reaction score
Got this idea from the fiber optics on the bmw 5 series head lights and pretty much all 2011 model tail lights carry it. Its also imo a nice alternative over led that is basically over killed and tacky looking. Any opinions or tips on how to safely open and seal headlights seeing as i never done so before? :omghi2u:

eggs

Reaction score
look in the DIY mastery list... there is a whole diy on how to blackhouse your headlights that will show you how to open up the headlights

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
depending on what you use this may not work. CCFL's will be a pain to keep lite I went through like three in one of my lights before I switched to led's.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
depending on what you use this may not work. CCFL's will be a pain to keep lite I went through like three in one of my lights before I switched to led's.

hm... thats weird. I've had mine installed for a yr already and so far no problems. I spliced them to my parking lights. What brand are yours?

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
hm... thats weird. I've had mine installed for a yr already and so far no problems. I spliced them to my parking lights. What brand are yours?

I had the same issue with mine Lemmie if you remember. I went through four transformers before I said **** it and just put the amber strips back in. They look great when they're in there, but keeping them lit and the transformers in a bone dry place is a PITA. I got mine from Oznium.

I have had no issues with my CCFL license plate lights that Kevin kid made me though, still going strong a year and a half later.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
hm.. that's weird Justin. The brand i use is Logisys. I forgot the site where i bought it from tho haha.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Can you just do a normal T5 tube behind it? They seem like they would fit and come in short lengths. They should hold up to moisture as they are commonly used for fishtank lighting. I don't know how you would deal with the ballasts though.

Back