Thoughts....

Quicksilvercord

Reaction score
All right guys I'm really haven’t got a clue of what I want to do to the Accord. I was hoping you all could give me some thoughts. I'm really not looking for a flash exterior. I'm basically looking for better handling and something a little faster.

Currently I have-
-Broken Type R-lip I really liked that way the lip looked but I'm thinking about switching to the Mugen one.
-Type R grill
-Blackhoused headlight’s
-17% Tint on all windows,
-Neuspeed Sports
-Greedy Evo Style Exhaust
-Intake K&N filter
-New NGK Plugs and Wires
-MSD External cap and Rotor
-Crappy Pilot fog lights
-Sound system stuff...not looking to change any of that stuff

I was thinking
-Megan Header
-VHT night shades paint for the rear tails
-Some forum of after market rims, 16's or 17's
-Apexi VAFC
-Tockio HP or Illumina Shocks or I could switch to full coils

That’s really all the idea's I have. If you have something I haven’t though of feel free to post them.

Heres the most current pics I have minus the lip.
DSCN1051.jpg

DSCN1088.jpg

100_0529.jpg

100_0530.jpg

100_0531.jpg

Thanks, David

xluben

Reaction score
i think shocks/coilovers should probably be first if you're looking for handling/performance.

then headers to complete I/H/E. should see decent gains.

wheels would def. make it look a lot better, and if you get lighter and wider ones, they could help performance a bit.

i think on the red car the coupe tail lights look quite good stock. i'd leave them.

whatever your next lip is, i'd get it painted if possible. (i really like the oem coupe lip and type r grill combo)

maybe lose the fog lights or get oem's.

is it a manual? a good short shifter should make it feel more sporty :)

Quicksilvercord

Reaction score
I already have short shifter I forgot to mention that.

I also could do a Stage 1 Clutch and Flywheel like Sonnick has as well.

I really have no use for HID's as well there nice and look sweet but I really dont need them.

ib042129

Reaction score
xluben said:
i think shocks/coilovers should probably be first if you're looking for handling/performance.
then headers to complete I/H/E. should see decent gains.

wheels would def. make it look a lot better, and if you get lighter and wider ones, they could help performance a bit.

i think on the red car the coupe tail lights look quite good stock. i'd leave them.

whatever your next lip is, i'd get it painted if possible. (i really like the oem coupe lip and type r grill combo)

maybe lose the fog lights or get oem's.

is it a manual? a good short shifter should make it feel more sporty :)

Switch the order of those two. Wider tires would give you a huge boost in handling.
THen get suspention.

I suggest 17 inch rims with 215/45/17 tires. You can try to go for 225/45/17 but the tires may rub especially if you lower your car later on.

xluben

Reaction score
ib042129 said:
I suggest 17 inch rims with 215/45/17 tires. You can try to go for 225/45/17 but the tires may rub especially if you lower your car later on.

that's the size wheels/tires i have, but i didn't notice much increase in performance.

i get bad tire hop when i try to launch (seems worse than before), and the body roll really kills my handling.

i'm hoping i'll get better handling/traction when i drop.

Quicksilvercord

Reaction score
Could someone do a chop with these rims on my car?

KOBE_REBELGT_SIL_2_W.jpg

Useing the side shot that I posted above.

Fish

Reaction score
What kind of tire you bought will dictate just how much performance gain you'll see. IMO, changing to good tires will make for the most significant performance increase handling-wise. You'll notice that everything from grip to braking becomes much better once you upgrade your tires. I went from the stock Michelins to Falken 512's and it was almost night and day. Imagine if I got some high-performance tires.

Of course, a lower ride height + stiffer suspension will let you take better advantage of your new grip :) . Skunk2 has some full coilovers for our cars listed on their site now, and they seem to be priced really nicely.

hondababe01

Reaction score
i def think you should go with some coilovers...i have the ground control one and they haven't given me any trouble. i used to have kyb shocks and i just got some tokiko ones and neither one gave me trouble

in the context of rims, racing hart makes really good and strong rims and also tenzo makes good ones. those are two top brands and shouldn't have any problems - get a low profile tire too...i think i have 215/35 on mine.

i also suggest the mugen front lip - i like that one better than the type r - and then some kinda simple side and rear lips. they might make a carbon fiber lip for your year too...i'm pretty sure cuz i was contemplating switching to an older front bumper to get the carbon fiber.

that's my opinions! good luck

xluben

Reaction score
Back