To those with shaved door handles...

halfpinoythug

Reaction score
I was wondering how much in parts n labor it would cost for me to get my door handles shaved and get door poppers installed. If anyone has any idea, your help is appreciated#

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I have seen DIY's on this, not sure how practical it is, but if ou are dead set on it, OP, be sure, because there really is no going back.

BTW, don't go to andyautosports to get the parts either. Not a very reliable site.

accord786

Reaction score
Dont do it man , its a hassle and its not worth it

Once my battery died, and i coudnt open it bcz trunk along with door handles were shaved

=(

also one time my keys were in the ignition and car was getting warmed up and i accidently closed the door with windows up ....:eusa_wall:

Thats my convincing little story ....:poke:

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
one of the worst things I have ever thought of doing to my car.Looked sweet but was the biggest pain in the ***.The actuator that pulled the latch to open kept coming loose every month or so,so having to use the passenger side to get in.Then installing a manual cable is a must for dead battery and a back up emergency switch is also a must for being locked out.
A shop would charge over 1000$ to do the labor,due to having to paint the quarter panels as well blending to get the color correct-Proper way of doing this.

spend that money else where..only a handful of us had/have them on here for a reason.

my car like 6years ago.they never where perfect no matter how much money spend on them.Even tho I did the work myself.
CIMG0585.jpg

MoneyPit

Reaction score
The handles were shaved on my Accord when I bought it, and as the others have said, it was the biggest pain in the ass in the world, and nowhere near worth it. YOU WILL GET LOCKED OUT.

Allocate your $$ elsewhere.

Garcia61904

Reaction score
I've done it to 2 of my 5th Gens and it was a pain every effin time..couldn't go back..but if you do it anyway..don't shave the trunk and have a button installed..just in case your alarm remote fails one day..

SykVSyx

Reaction score
OP, hope you are seeing the theme in this thread.

I am sure you could do much more for the car for the money and be much happier with your choices.

Back