Towing a lowered car

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Just wondering how you guys would get your car towed. Had mine towed 2 times before I lowered my car and it scraped pretty bad going onto the flatbed. About a month ago I got it towed again and it being lowered at that point, I just decided to remove the bumper and stuff it into my car because I was worried something would get damage. Never want to try stuffing my bumper back in my car again because it was a pain. If I got stuck on the side of the freeway and wasn't able to take off the bumper, what would be my best option?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
make it so that it is easy to remove the front bumper... your muffler will scrape regardless of what you do

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
yeah, a flatbed is your only option and just have the front bumper set up so it's easy to remove. the only thing that held on the front bumper on my last accord were the two fender bolts and the clips at the top of the grille. wood also helps a little bit with the transition from the street to the flatbed.

you could always just stop getting your car towed too :lawl:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
you could always just stop getting your car towed too :lawl:

Best. Practice.

Using wood + flatbed are your best bets, especially with an aftermarket exhaust.

Hopefully you get a flatbed driver who knows to take his time once the car is at the stage of getting the back end up, to avoid scraping.

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
I was thinking about getting fender bolts but didn't know if I should let my paint completely harden first before I start drilling holes. Thanks Sketch,I'll have a talk with my car and tell it to stop doing stupid crap so I don't have to get towed anymore.lol. I heard about using wood but I don't want something like this to happen....watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IlKqroU3zo

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
those bumper things are so ugly though and accomplish the same thing the fender screws do while looking so terrible :lawl: sorry...it's probably just me that feels that way since i see them everywhere haha. i guess some people like them though :ugh: i've always felt like they're one of those 'racecar' parts that you don't see on actual race cars :lawl:

Caliaccord02

Reaction score
Yeah,I see them everywhere also. They don't look too bad IMO but I don't like how noticeable they are. Also seems fairly simple to just cut the rubber bands on them and steal someones bumper. Wouldn't want to walk up to my car after class and see my bumper gone and be like :uhoh2: .lol.

jcanni

Reaction score
those bumper things are so ugly though and accomplish the same thing the fender screws do while looking so terrible :lawl: sorry...it's probably just me that feels that way since i see them everywhere haha. i guess some people like them though :ugh: i've always felt like they're one of those 'racecar' parts that you don't see on actual race cars :lawl:

Agreed on that one. It only really "works" if you're bumper is messed up and it is the cheapest fix. Also, OP if you got your bumper just painted, I'd hate to put holes in it.

Also that youtube video they need to put longer boards parallel with the car not horizontal lol. Also, don't do stupid things at a car meet to get your car towed.

Back