Trailer hitch yay or nay?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I say go for it, you can easily pick up a hitch online for about $100. I've been considering getting one.....but I'll be towing a jetski since I no longer have a truck at my disposal... :lawl:

Not to thread jack, but what happened to the truck project?

cfox28

Reaction score
thanks for the opinions guys. I was thinking of the hitch with the removable ball, I just wonder if that square mount would stick out like a sore thumb. Also for the reserves based on towing weight, I really wouldn't load that much at a time, really it'd be 300lbs or less.

.......plus if my transmission goes.... .... 6spd anyone?:naughty:

AZmike

Reaction score
I've towed a 4' x 8' utility trailer with my '89 Accord occasionally for the last several years. Just keep the tongue weight and total weight down and you'll be fine. The receiver isn't invisible, but without the hitch, it's not very noticeable.

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
There is a guy here in Houston that drives a sc300 with a hole in his back bumper to allow for his tow ball to go through so that he can trailer his ruckus to shows. His ball also detaches and the hole is covered by his license plate. Really cool idea, and its done really cleanly. He is pretty popular at the shows because the car and trailer run aqua blue MB battles and the ruckus has the same color blue fatty wheels.

cfox28

Reaction score
^ wow that is actually kinda an awesome idea, might look into that.
do you know if he has a member's ride page, maybe on car domain or something?

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
my dad has the Uhaul one on his 02 accord. the ball is removable and the hitch is small enough that it doesnt stick out too much. i can get pics for you later on today/tonight for ya if youre interested.

cfox28

Reaction score

thx man that is pretty awesome, i'm going to see if i can figure out how he did this

edit: found a little more on this,
his name is zachary triggs and is on club lexus
this link shows a better angle of this setup:
http://www.tumblr.com/tagged/sc300?before=1313546451
my dad has the Uhaul one on his 02 accord. the ball is removable and the hitch is small enough that it doesnt stick out too much. i can get pics for you later on today/tonight for ya if youre interested.

I would be, even if its a crappy cell pick, just wanna gauge how visible it would be. so if you could that'd be great

Last edited:

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
well its on a sedan but i dont think that would change things very much.
20121006_171002.jpg

20121006_171138.jpg

20121006_171028.jpg

20121006_171037.jpg

And heres his 4x8 trailer last year hooked up.
326520_2714632097317_635406215_o.jpg

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
That's actually a lot less visible then I thought it would be. If I had a need for this I would definatly get one put on and do something about the big uhaul brand name on the side. I would also have to get an engine build going because I'm pretty sure there are some power wheels cars with more torque then our cars.

Back