Trailer hitch yay or nay?

thatklazzickid

Reaction score
Re:

It says in the manual that we can tow up to 1000 pounds. The 4cyl at least. We've hauled 20 40lb bags of top soil with no problem. I would recommend doing it every week but it can get the job done when its needed.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
I have a hitch. Lowered on H&R race I need a 6" drop hitch flipped upside down to tow a H-F 4x8. I pulled 2 motorcycles on it from IA to FL (about 1100lbs). With the V6 I made it through the mountains in OD.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I have a hitch. Lowered on H&R race I need a 6" drop hitch flipped upside down to tow a H-F 4x8. I pulled 2 motorcycles on it from IA to FL (about 1100lbs). With the V6 I made it through the mountains in OD.

Tranny Cooler installed as well?

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Nope. 200k on the original trans, and I auto-x it.

I also D&F the ATF every other oil change.

0730091403.jpg

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Nope. 200k on the original trans, and I auto-x it.

I also D&F the ATF every other oil change.

Wow......not bad......will be interesting to see how long it holds up, but seems to be going strong.

Nice.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
It has a lot to do with driving style. The problem is 2nd gear over heats from insufficient oiling, that heat kills the oil. The clutches only over heat when they are slipping, they only slip when they are engaging. So when towing I take it easy through the 1-2 shift and then stay moving. Auto-x I lock in 2nd and don't change gears.

AccordUser

Reaction score
ive got a uhaul hitch, but, I wouldnt go around hauling a trailer with an accord. they only make 1.25in hitches for them (trust me, ive looked for 2"). accords (6thgen) are only class 1 hitches, a regular man cant even stand on it without a trailer.

cloead

Reaction score
ive got a uhaul hitch, but, I wouldnt go around hauling a trailer with an accord. they only make 1.25in hitches for them (trust me, ive looked for 2"). accords (6thgen) are only class 1 hitches, a regular man cant even stand on it without a trailer.

they are supposedly rated at 200lbs tongue weight.. im not regular i guess :duckhunt:

i will be getting a hitch for my accord sooner or later. have a small 5x8 trailer that i use to tow a sled or my dirtbike when im too lazy to drive the van.

Back