Tranny inspection on Monday...

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
so the tranny has been leaking a lil fluid lately but have been watching it and keeping it at the proper mark.
known about that for a few weeks but now the tranny is starting to act funny. seems at some stops the car will barely move in first then jerks into second. sometimes it has some stiff shifts in between other gears as well.
called local honda dealer that works well since we have bought 2 cars there and get all the service and also know a guy through the family. they give us the number for service and get it all sorted out.
so now monday the ride has a doctors appt at honda to get the tranny checked out. said they had to bring someone in to look at it for some reason?
hopefully it will get fixed but until then....
i get to drive the 08 accord, not a bad trade for a week ha.

but has anybody had any problems like this?
im sure someone has since these trannys seem to cause problems..

Last edited:

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
so im back at school now...
parents call me up today after the car is in the shop...
dealer says they wonder how the car got home in the shape the transmission was(i live about 225 miles from school)
thats nice to know after its already back tho,
best part is...
new tranny and dont gotta pay a thing...

A-cord

Reaction score
are you serious, you're still under warranty?? you didn't pay a dime? and you sure you got a new tranny or did they just give you a tranny service?

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
brand new tranny went in today and all they have left is a O2 sensor then my parents will get it back while im back at school

TriNiCorD99

Reaction score
good job on the new tranny but im sure it wont last very long.....im on my third one lol and i know that a few others on there also have been through 3+ trannies

00blackedaccord

Reaction score
im not sure on the rebuilt thing but its fixed for now and they say the car drives like new...

cajun

Reaction score
Probably a reman AT with zero warranty if Honda Corp paid the bill. That was the deal for two coworkers who had their AT replaced under Honda's AT extended warranty.

00blacked - do you have a V6 and how many miles?

Back