Tranny issue =(

RedAccord02

Reaction score
01ULEVTW hey if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost you? Im starting a fund for my tranny so i wana know what kinda hit my pockets are gona take when the shiit hits the fan

01ULEVTW

Reaction score
01ULEVTW hey if you dont mind me asking how much did it cost you? Im starting a fund for my tranny so i wana know what kinda hit my pockets are gona take when the shiit hits the fan

No problem man. PM'd

FYI: LatinainHonda on here (Wendy, my gf :wub:) had her transmission go out at ~40k miles - she had it replaced at the dealer. That was 4 years ago before i met her. Her car now has ~178k miles on it and it shifts as if it were brand new, smooth at butter - one of many reasons why i went to the dealer.

Last edited:

f23accord2000

Reaction score
i also had this sudden down shift slowing down about to come to a complete stop, i got rid of it by buying 6 quarts of honda tranny fluid , i did a quick drain and refilling it with 2.5 quarts, then 1000 miles later i did it again, drain it really good and dumping a half a quart of clean fluid in or even get a bottle of cheep synthetic fluid and just pour the bottle in while draining is almost done to get that shizzz off the bottem then it drain for like 20 mine then filled put the plug back on wiping off the magnet and filling it back up. mine stoped never did it again.

RedAccord02

Reaction score
i also had this sudden down shift slowing down about to come to a complete stop, i got rid of it by buying 6 quarts of honda tranny fluid , i did a quick drain and refilling it with 2.5 quarts, then 1000 miles later i did it again, drain it really good and dumping a half a quart of clean fluid in or even get a bottle of cheep synthetic fluid and just pour the bottle in while draining is almost done to get that shizzz off the bottem then it drain for like 20 mine then filled put the plug back on wiping off the magnet and filling it back up. mine stoped never did it again.

wish i was that lucky. Mine shifts the same in another 6 or 7k ima do another flush hopefully it gets better.

redlinevtec

Reaction score
lol man you guys are wasting so much money doing those drain and refills. Honda blood is expensive! I had my transmission rebuilt a year ago and i already have about 22k miles on it. I am flushing the fluid out at 30k. Maybe 25k. Not sure. Owners manual recommends 30k. But ATF is so expensive...

redlawyers

Reaction score
78k, 02 accord, you are most likely covered by recall. Check your VIN for the recall on honda's web site and take it to the dealership for a free replacement.

I am unfortunately not cover under the warranty.

Here is the quote according to HONDA:

Dear Accord, Odyssey and Prelude Owners:

American Honda is announcing a warranty extension for the automatic transmission on all 2000-01 Accords, Odysseys, and Preludes. The automatic transmission and torque converter are now covered for a total of 7 years or 100,000 miles, whichever occurs first, from the date of original sale. We are providing this warranty extension because a higher than normal number of automatic transmissions in certain vehicles may have problems due to defects in material or workmanship beyond the 3-year, 36,000-mile new vehicle limited warranty.

My car is a 2000 and even though it has 67K it is past the 7 years of original purchase.

ZsleepizeZ

Reaction score
its the sensor that costs 300 dollar to replace.
i dont know whats it called but it is the only sensor thats on the transmission that
fails overtime and costs the most.

the sensor only controls the first and second gears and it is always that sensor that
wears out. thats why Dealers charge 300 dollars just for a new one

greekCG6

Reaction score
yeah......... So I had the same problem. Now my car just hit 62000 miles, that's right 62000, like still under a hundred thousand. Anyway, when my car had that problem was around 30000ish miles. Now, my car has 1st gear. As in just first gear! Btw **** HSP motorsports in Danbury,ct! Sorry I felt like that needed to be stated. Back to the issue, your tranny will never completely die out on you, I mean its still a Honda. Yeah.... So I have no reverse, no second, no third, and no fourth. Just first.

Back