Transmission issue?

domonas

Reaction score
Hopefully you dont have a P0470 code, thats your torque converter, if that code pops up you'll need a new trans. It would be good to swap a 5spd in there.

I'll have to take it to a shop soon to get it read to see if anything comes up.

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
I got the same issue brah. once the car's warmed up, harsh jerks/slips from 1st to 2nd but everything else is fine. been doing this since last winter and hasn't gotten any better or worse.

domonas

Reaction score

So any advice on prolonging the tranny? It's a 2000 SE with 163k miles on it. Like I said, the color of the fluid looks good, but I was planning on a drain & fill this weekend. If it is the torque converter and it's just heading towards needing a tranny replacement, should I put money into getting a new tranny or is it not worth the hassle?

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
If i were you, start saving for a new transmission. I had to get new trans, right axle, all three engine mounts and two transmission mount for $2900. It would be cheaper if you dont need any of the extras. This transmission WILL fail you sooner than later. Babying it and maintaning it with fluid and stuff is just a waste of time and money.

Back