Transmission Oil Dipstick

JniG

Reaction score
Didn't 97-99 Acura CL's have the same motor and transmission?

Thanks I will look into that.

And there's nothing there, it's just the hole, which I assume is very bad because dirt and other **** can get into the transmission :boo: so should I plug it up with something in the meantime?

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
Wait manuals have a dip stick? Majestic doesn't even have one in the images/parts list for an i4 manual trans.

Last edited:

JniG

Reaction score
Wait manuals have a dip stick? Majestic doesn't even have one in the images/parts list for an i4 manual trans.

Well there's a hole there so I would assume there should be a dipstick. Besides, how would you check the fluid levels?

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
I don't know what that hole is, but the manual trans for our cars does not have a dipstick. To check the fluid, jack the car up and support on jackstands. The check/fill and drain plugs are on the side. Remove the check/fill plug, the oil should be even with the bottom edge of the bolt hole.

If you need more use a funnel to add more through this hole. Stop once it starts to run out.

JniG

Reaction score
Interesting...that's really complicated when they could have just added a dipstick lol. I was watching a youtube video on how to change transmission oild on our cars and the guy pulled out the dipstick from the area where my picture says "tranny oil". So that accord was an automatic?? Why wouldn't Honda include that in manuals also? And does anyone know what that hole is?

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
I've never owned a manual trans vehicle that had a transmission dipstick.

Can you tell if the hole is threaded or not. I can't tell from the photos.

Back