Transmission problem maybe?

123superman321

Reaction score
Ok so awhile back i noticed that when i accelerate from a slow roll, like i slowed down for a yield sign and then kept going, that my car would feel like it would hit real hard into gear.

So my first thought is great my transmission is going out, So i have a brother in law who is a mechanic and i call him and tell him about it and he agrees that its the transmission. But after inspecting the car later on i found my front engine mount was completely broken and my motor was actually slamming into the top of my hood, so after changing it no more slam.

But, now i notice that when i come to stop it feels as if the engine drops back then my car drops back. Again i talk to my brother in law and he says transmission, but i kind of have my doubts because he was wrong the first time. I think the rear mount may be out but its stuffed back behind the IM and from what i can see it doesn't look cracked or anything.

What do y'all think it could be? BTW it a 02 Honda SE with 160,xxx on the clock. Its actually never broken down on me, just regular maintenance and it runs like a champ.

jwong512

Reaction score
If one of your mounts were broken, I wouldn't be surprised if another was broken. Check them all and your transmission mounts as well before assuming it's the actual transmission. If it shifts smoothly with almost no lag, your tranny should be fine.

X2oo5

Reaction score
Get the mounts checked out, and check the transmission Fluid... test it again, and if it keeps doing then your transmission might be needing help

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Dude, he wasnt wrong at first, he just told you your tranny is on its way out. Replacing a motor mount doesnt help the transmission. You should trust him since hes family and a mechanic, why would be lie if he wasnt sure.

And yes, with an orginal transmission at that many miles, your transmission should have been done years ago.

123superman321

Reaction score
no check engine lights, transmission doesn't slip at all and the the fluid looks fine we'll probly try changing it anyway. but, the reason i want to know is because i would like to avoid paying for a rebuild if it doesn't need it yet.

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
i'm going to agree that if one of the motor mounts was done, the others are also gone or just about there.

if you get no CELs that are tranny related, your D4 light isn't blinking, and/or the tranny isn't slipping between gears, then your tranny should be ok.....which is rare for our cars.

Latest posts

Back