Transmission problems HELP!!

ozonebest21

Reaction score
I have a 99 accord ex 4 cyl f23a4 automatic my car is revving up and jerking hard when it shifts/changing gears the feeling is like stalling out in a manual car, and then when I come to a complete stop after 2 seconds it jerks again the same stalling out feeling but the car does not stall out prior to this problem the car was making a weird wineing noise at low speeds but that was ok not 2 days before this incident,and now its taking a while to grab gears when changing from park to reverse or drive so on so forth and keep in mind after the winding noise I didn't drive car, has anyone ever had this problem before and how did u fix it or does someone know what the problem is? The car has 125xxx miles the tranny was replaced by a Honda dealer proior to me owning car at around 99xxx miles so its supposed to be a new tranny "supposed to be" I'm not changing it to a 5 speed I got the car when I was 16 as a birthday present after owning 5 cars I still never got rid of it and getting rid of it is not an option its my daily driver and I'm keeping it someone please help I need to fix it asap thanks

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Your transmission is slipping. You can try to relace the solenoid, but its only going to be a bandage. The auto transmission sucks *** for both the 4cyl and the V6. Best idea is to not drive the car for long distances or on hot days. Be prepared for a flashing D4 light on your cluster, can happen whenever.

Also dont push the car a lot, ease off the gas and let rhe transmission get into gear.

From P - > D4, take the car into reverse until you hear it go in gear (2-4 seconds, go to neutal (wait (2-5) seconds, then go ahead and put it on drive.

Edit: try to stay below 3000 rpm while driving.

ozonebest21

Reaction score
Well I'm looking for a permanent fix rather than a temp fix and is it anything I can do in my back yard because I'm pretty good with my hands all I need are the parts

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Anything you do is putting off the imminent failure. Have it rebuilt or swap for a manual. Those are your only long term options

Back