tried to install euro fogs and now the car wont start.

slowaccord

Reaction score
Ok. I had Vimal come down to began installing euro fogs last week and they would not function correctly. So he thought we needed harness A from a USDM accord. Today, before work began we tried to start and car and it would not start. I assumed we left a light or something on and in the 2 weeks it died. After vimal installed everything I had my dad come down with jumper cables. We tried to jump start it for 30 minutes and no luck.

So I got a new battery and still no luck. Vimal undid everything he did in the fog kit and the car still wont start.

It cranks and almost starts. What could the problem be if all the fuses have been checked? Is it the immobilizer? We are baffled and the car will sit until we figure out the problem. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. I will let him shed more light and update the first post frequently.

And please understand I'm in no way blaming/bashing/antagonizing Vimal. I consider him a friend and appreciate all the help he has provided me.

RICKDIGILER

Reaction score
^^ X2

samething happened to me, it sounded like it was going to start but nothing.
If your lights come on inside the car and everthing it's not the battery.

slowaccord

Reaction score
never had a problem with the starter before. When it cranks, it does it very well so I was thinking that the starter is a small possibility.

But I will look into that. thanks for the suggestion. I kind of wish it is a small part like that and not some headache electric problem. :/

The other wierd thing is that the lights stay on even in the off position. No idea how that happened.

Last edited:

Bax

Reaction score
Definitely check the starter. Mine worked perfectly, then all of the sudden it just clicked and the car wouldn't crank. No warnings, no "slowly going out", it just stopped.

sikjdm

Reaction score
if it's cranking then the starter is good. i'd look for the four things to start and run, fuel, compression, ignition, and timing. no idea how timing would be off from trying install fogs but just throwing that out there.

BkzTafetta

Reaction score
i had the same issue once.....but with a civic....check every single ground....i forgot a ground and car would just keep turnin over and wouldnt start....

slowaccord

Reaction score
all the grounds look good from what I checked today. I am getting ready to have the car towed and looked at by a couple shops.

Back